The :01 Remaining Scenario Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BAY0U BENGAL, Nov 22, 2009.

1. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

I'm not coming down on anyone, but didn't they screen it to Ridley to get him the ball and he got swallowed up for the first loss? Just a thought

2. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Yea but that shouldn't have been called either. Make all the excuses in the world, the playcalling was awful in the 4th quarter. I said to myself, shouldn't we be running the ball with 1 timeouts here and in field goal range.

3. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

I think most are still missing the point of the thread...

1 sec is all the time it takes to snap the ball....but that is with everyone lined up QB under center ready to say Hike as soon as the ref signals the clock to start.

Even if they run the field goal unit on a field goal team practices for the center to wait for the signal from the holder to say he is ready for the ball so if they had not practiced a 1 second fg play, which with these coaches I dont think that has even come up, there is no way on the field at that moment would they be able to break routine and snap it in a hurry. Even lined up ready to go just waiting on the ref I think the chances of the center waiting for the holder is 98% more likely to happen.

But if they would have spent the timeout getting the field goal team ready to go JUST IN CASE and really drilled into the centers head to snap it quick then the chances go to 75% that the snap gets off.

NOT TO MENTION that if LSU ran its field goal team out Ole Miss just might have been so confused that one of their players in the confusion might have taken a timeout so that they could get their defense set up!

But 1 sec is plenty of enough time to snap and run something other then a spike. They had 30 secs from the time the clock stopped until it started back up.

4. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

After the Lafell catch it went ( I think)

Incomplete pass
    Sack
    Screen to Ridley...the signaled Ridley down with 26 secs left on the clock...we stopped it at 9 secs!

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

you have to run the ball. there shouldn't even have been a conversation about it. If Crowton calls a pass play in that situation Les Miles MUST over-ride it. We did it against Georgia in about the same situation! I can't remember if we had time outs though in the UGA game. The game to me was lost right there, not with the .01, even though that really hurt also.

6. LSUMASTERMIND

The game was lost when we threw that damn fade pass AGAIN on the 2 point conversion, instead of running Shep on a misdirection from the shotgun.

7. LaSalleAve

we still could have lost in overtime though, if you think about it, the 2 point miss was a blessing that set us up to win the game.

8. LSUMASTERMIND

Id rather take my chances in overtime than what we did at the end of regulation.

9. LaSalleAve

well hell, i would too knowing what i know now. this one is going to sting for awhile.

10. holeinthedonut

holeinthedonut Freshman

Why does Miles get paid so much to handle so little? Who decides he's worth that kind of money. LSU could feed a lot of staving kids with 3+ million dollars and still lose games because of bonehead coaching non-decisions.