The #18 Jersey?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by PGizle, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

Copeland, Blue, and Loston are getting the most votes, but two other good candidates are two 5th-year seniors:

Lamin Barrow -- he's the #1 returning tackler on our D with 104 tackles last year. at the end of the season, i saw an interview with Chavis where the interviewer was praising the season Minter had last year, and Chavis agreed with that, but then Chavis changed the subject to Barrow and the tremendous job he did last year and really sung his praises

Josh Williford --he's the #1 most experienced guy on our OL, nobody has more starts on the OL than him (he has 19 starts at OG). plus, he got his Purple Heart suffering through a concussion last season: Mettenberger threw an INT vs Florida, and Williford stopped blocking and ran down field to tackle the UF ballcarrier, when he was blindsided by a Florida DT and knocked unconscious. “He just hit me in the back and my head bounced off the turf,” Williford said. “I had to do bed rest for like two weeks,” Williford said. “No brain stimulation. I wasn’t allowed to go to class. I wasn’t allowed to turn on the TV. “I’d go see the doctor on Tuesday and Thursday nights. That was all I was allowed to do. I couldn’t drive or anything. Couldn’t go to class. They told me the only way to get a concussion better was no brain activity.” “You have bad headaches,” Williford said. “You have blurred vision. You’re real sensitive to the light and noise. You have nausea... yeah, I got scared.” Williford ended up dropping some classes due to the time required to be away from school. “I missed almost a month of school,” he said. “That put me significantly behind.” Not being able to attend practices or game was "what hurt me the worst,” Williford said. “The first two games I felt like I’ve got to watch them, but I couldn’t hardly watch them. I’d lie down, put my face in the pillow and listen to them. It hurt. It was terrible.” Williford got plenty of support from teammates during those trying times. “Everybody came over and checked on me,” Williford said. “Coaches called and checked on me.”

also, here's the only 3-time lettermen listed on our current roster:
    OG Josh Williford #74 -- 5th year Senior
    LB Lamin Barrow #57 -- 5th-year Senior
    RB Alfred Blue #4 -- Senior
    S Craig Loston #6 -- Senior
    WR Kadron Boone #86
    WR James Wright #82
    LB Seth Fruge #48

and here are the only 2-time lettermen listed on our current roster:
    QB Zach Mettenberger #8
    FB J.C. Copeland #44
    RB Kenny Hilliard #27
    WR Jarvis Landry #80
    WR OBJ #3
    DE Jermauria Rasco #59
    DT Anthony "Freak" Johnson #90
    DT Ego Ferguson #9
    OLB Tahj Jones #58
    S Ronald Martin #26
    K James Hairston #30

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attack Tiger and LSUDad like this.
  2. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

I like the idea of an 18 for offense and 7 for the D. If so then in addition to 18 Cope; 7 for Barrow.

3. Attack Tiger

Attack Tiger Reformed Sunshine Pumper

I kinda like that too, but I like the fact that the coveted 7 is a distinctly "DBU" thing. I don't see why we can't have an 18 on offense AND an 18 on defense. They've doubled up numbers before...like when "Perrilloux" was making tackles on special teams. LOL

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

7 belonged to Ali Highsmith before Peterson.

5. Attack Tiger

Yes, but did Ali pass it on to Peterson? I thought Peterson started the tradition. Before him, wasn't it just another randomly assigned number?

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I don't think he did because wasn't PP an incoming freshman in 08? Ali's last year was 07. But I see what you are saying, and I agree, I'd like to see Mills in 7.

7. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

New NCAA rules, only one #18 on the team, no multiple numbers. Same with the kickers, only one #38.

8. Attack Tiger

Ah. Okay. Guess I missed that memo.

9. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

There are a few more changes that will start this year.

As always, one of these "New" rules will cost LSU a game, they always do.:mad:

StaceyO likes this.
  10. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched