The 2017 LSU Baseball Season

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CajunlostinCali, Jan 16, 2017.

1. MikeInLa

MikeInLa Founding Member

Getting excited about LSU baseball... from all the information here, it sounds like no one else has a chance LOL

2. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

LSU #3 in USA Today coaches poll. That's 5 top 5 pre-season polls for the Tigers. Bleee dat mf's

MikeInLa likes this.
  3. CajunlostinCali

The infield. Cause I care...

We've already mentioned Krammer by-god Robertson (2016: .324 BA, .440 SLG, .417 OBP, .740 K/BB (20/27), 39 RBI, 2 HR), but there is enough for endless cracks at this kid, so why not. Y'all remember Kramer, right? Yunno, same dude that took one on the lips at the plate, got stitches, let the swelling go down and then later...POW, catches a Freely ropeer right in the kisser, spits a bunch of blood, REFUSES to come out of the game. Hits a single to right extending the 9th to which, the rally possum was born. THAT Krammer by-god Robertson. He ain't no slugger, he ain't no golden glove nominee and he damn sure ain't no quarterback but you know what, he is ALL Tiger and one who should never ever be forgotten because he does exactly what every Tiger should do and that's never ever quit, never bitch up cause of a little bo bo and NEVER let folks have you believe he don't belong. These are the kids I pull for the most. The ones that got something to prove and will stop at nothing to prove it. He is, in my little mind, Tiger legend.

Bryce Jordan. 2016: .293 BA, .410 SLG, .419 OBP, 1.40 K/BB (28/20), 33 RBI, 5 HR
    Holds the national high school record for hit by pitches, both in a season (35) and all-time (67). Takes 23 alone last season leading the SEC in that category. PLUS, he is from Lake Charles and he has...drank the water. That alone is why you recruit him and his twin because heroes like that come in pairs. Oddly fast for a big build means only one thing, he's weird and certainly just weird enough to be a Tiger. Looks to start the season at 1st base but really, dude can play anywhere he want's because he takes it for the team. Word...

Chris Ried. 2016: .287 BA, .371 SLG, .417 OBP, .656 K/BB (21/32), 14 RBI, 1 HR
    Played himself a healthy freshman season at 3rd base. Did a fairly fair job at the plate BUT, he was a freshman. Kind of a nerdy looking kid, but the kind of nerd you gotta like. Never seemed rattled at the plate, filled all kinds of holes at the corner bag which, ain't never easy when you are guarding the hot corner. He will have to compete to keep his job cause some youngins are a coming and like any Tiger should be, they come to take jobs away from those who think they are locked.

Cole Freeman. 2016: .329 BA, .403 SLG, .427 OBP, .719 K/BB (23/32), 27 RBI, 1 HR
    Uhh, kid can hit, just sayin. Kid was a JUCO golden glover, but he let one or two slip last season. Forgivable cause he likes to feed Krammer by-god Robertson and you know Kramer wants to eat. Together, we sleep at night knowing these two shore up the middle of the field...and then some. Just sayin, last year was play time, this year is for keeps. So getcha some, Cole, get. you. some...

Remember this name, Jake Slaughter. He is gonna be some kind of Tiger folks and already, making some noise and likely, enough to take a twin from 1st and sit him down. As the season progresses, you will know who Jake Slaughter is. Kid can flat rake and I don't mean maybe baby, kids got skills. #1 prospect last year in the entire boot. Kid's gonna make some noise. Ya hear?

Josh Smith. Another name to remember because he will immediately challenge Chris Reid at the corner and if not, expect to see him get some mid-week looks. He doesn't have a storied hitting resume, but he has the pedigree and coming to LSU, he will in due time, get his. His glove and speed will get him all the looks he wants, so we will see.

There's more, I'm sure. But at the moment, I am done. Sides, we are damn near through the entire roster and still, 21 days remains. So back to some really shitty basketball...

4. CajunlostinCali

[​IMG]

Seaux...The twins and Reid are strugglin with the freshman taking spots on the corners. Fresh indeed.

Been watching the newz on Hunter Kiel wondering if his command would come together enough to find him a spot higher in the pen. Well, there he is looking like a Tiger.

Jordan Romero to the bottom of the depth chart and nowhere to be seen in the DH spot. Lot of talk from CPM on having that 3rd starter in a lock and maybe even a 4th starter. Oh my...

5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Im holding out.

We have had some very good teams lately peak too fast IMO.

Richdog and MikeInLa like this.
  6. CajunlostinCali

IF anyone is considering a trip to Houston in March and wanna see some ball, the Houston Classic is gonna be a humdinger this year, for real.

Friday, March 3rd at 7:05 PM features #1 TCU at #5 LSU
    Saturday, March 4th at 3:35 PM features Baylor at #5 LSU
    Sunday, March 5th at 10:05 features #5LSU at #14 Texas Tech

Worth the 3 day pass if you ask me...

watson1880 likes this.
  7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I am going to plan to go. Have to fit it in around the kids gymnastics schedule. Friday or Sunday for me!

8. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

gotta see the pitching depth first.

CPM has turned us into Florida State though.
    amazing regular season records. not a lot of hardware to show for it.

Richdog likes this.
  9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

That's unfair. He has more NC trophies than their baseball existence.

Who is his 3rd starter. Has he decided

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Eric Walker compared to Aaron Nola. Throws strikes. Hits both sides of plate. Composed. Used to playing under pressure. But a tad Frail @170 lbs.

Zach Hess 6 6 220. Hits up to 95 mph. Has a bad ass a slider. Raw. Sucks on defense. intense.

Todd Peterson- works fast throws strikes.

Blair Frederick lefty who has made great strides will be in pen.

CPM just listed the candidates. Hinted at 4 starters but I don't see it.