The AAF, XFL, and the future of college football

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TBTrumpet, Jan 2, 2019.

1. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

Who's taking money under the table to attend a school ? is it the marginal players ? no, it is not, it's the top players who are accepting bribes. You're giving the cheating players a pass, and are instead blaming the system. Without the system, the star players would have no value.

Big business exploits its employees true, a production worker doesn't get what he should,.. but shut down the factory and he gets nothing. Kill the college system that created football, i.e. kill the golden goose that pays their way,.. and the players will have nothing. In today's world being able to run fast and jump high only matters in the fantasy world of sports.

You blame the corruption on the NCAA, they're idiotic sure, but who but them has tried to control the cheaters? Again, it's the elite 3%, that you scoffed at me about, the superstars who feel entitled, they are the ones who are getting bribed, they are the genesis of the problem. If the players didn't accept the bribe money, there would not be any corruption, right?

For the third time I say,.. let them turn pro out of high school,.. when they can't cut it there, they can get a real job,.. without a college education to fall back on, I might add. Without the superstars, the competitive balance of the college game would still be there, it would be just as much fun, without the problems the elitists bring to the game.

Go Ducks

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

We have no ncaa video games that enshrine these players forever when most are soon forgotten. Probably the time I became disinterested. I bet most all these players would like to be recognized than no game at all. Minus their actual names but it was fun putting them all in or downloading the rosters.

They cut off their nose on this one. Was that ucla basketball fella bc he sucked.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The NCAA should legalize players taking money from boosters. It would solve a big problem and players would get something without the NCAA incurring title 9 problems. Who cares if a rich guy wants to spend his money to help his favorite team. They are already doing it anyway.

I disagree about the game being just as good without superstars. Would your 49ers have been as good or as fun to watch without Joe Montana and Jerry Rice. LSU football is more fun to watch when we have a Jeremy Hill, a Leonard Fournette or a Derrius Guice. LSU basketball was s lot of fun to watch at the times we had a Shaquille O'neal, a Chris Jackson and even as far back as Pete Maravich.

Were your Ducks more fun to watch with Marcus Mariota?

4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

FIFY

Absolutely cannot do that Duck. I wonder what the number of people drafted that don't make a team are. I bet it is higher than you think. I'd say the majority of the first and second round with a few sprinkled in from each round the rest of the way.

Probably 60% of the ones drafted will end up on a practice squad at best, never to be heard from again. You let an 18 or 19 year old kid on the field with NFL caliber players and he goes to the hospital his first game. The NFL would never ever go for this.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  5. GiantDuckFan

If they were never there, we wouldn't miss them,.. we'd still love our team and hate our rivals.

Some fans are "player fans", some are "team" fans,.. some adore Lebron James wherever he goes, some only care about Cleveland. I care only a smidgeon about Mariota now, but I'm a Duck fan for life.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I was never a Lakers fan but I became one for the time that Shaq was a Laker.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  7. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

And I guess you watched Brittany Spears’ vids for the music? :D

HalloweenRun and Bengal B like this.
  8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

No but I did read Playboy for the articles.

LSUTiga and HalloweenRun like this.
  9. GiantDuckFan

you're making my point for me. That's why players should appreciate what college is giving them, preparation, experience and training for the NFL, and an education to fall back on when they fail.

Maybe the NFL should start a b league,.. Lol, who's exploiting more than the NFL, they get the gems, already cut and polished, ready to go, all on the College's dime.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019