The ascension is complete. Verne Kennedy Poll for La. Governor

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by TigerEducated, Sep 19, 2003.

1. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Polled from September 15 through September 17, it shows that Bobby Jindal has now moved into first place, with Kathleen Babineaux "Blandco" slipping to 2nd, and Ieyoub and Leach fighting it out for Mr. Irrellavant...

What happened to Mr. Leach saying he's spend TEN MILLION DOLLARS (In my best Dr. Evil voice) to win? What kind of hubris is that? Run on your issues, not on your wife's family's money, Buddy...

He also looks like he's one bottle of Sauvignon away from Stage IV, by the way...

Jindal's my guy, and he's now the frontrunner, and I'm just here to toot his horn...

I also predicted that Ieyoub would run into trouble with Al Sharpton and the ridiculous racists he stirs up, and conveniently, Sharpton's Presidential campaign pulls into Louisiana this weekend.

Ieyoub is liable to head south in S-port and elsewhere if Sharpton harps on the Shreveport Shooting, and demeans Ieyoub for not investigating or doing something about it...

Jindal's chances brighten by the day....Man, it's nice to be a frontrunner...

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

My wife said since Jindal is pro-life I have to vote for him.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Tuwho, I think SabanFan has pushed one of your Hot Buttons with one of his tounge in cheek posts. You went off on a real rant but I don't think that SF is actually the kind of guy who would let his wife tell him who to vote for and then post it on the internet for the world to see. Hey, I might be wrong. For all I know his wife is holding a gun to his head and making him do it.

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Actually, It was tongue in cheek but I know what it's like to have your button pushed. Anyway, my wifemate is seriously pro-life and votes on that basis. I see your point Tuwho but there are a lot more like her out there. And BB, you're right. Ma waf don tell me what to do.

5. JD

JD Founding Member

Well, I saw an inane ad today for Jindal - paraphrasing "haven't liberals done enough to education? Vote Jindal"

What's he saying? Foster is a liberal?
    Or Foster didn't have control over anything, but he will?

Assinine pandering to the duke crowd.

6. TigerEducated

JD wants to turn everything into a "conspiracy by the radical and racist right"...

No one can publicaly speak about vote buying and the purchasing of the Fields/Jefers/S-port machines without allegations from Senatorial races a dozen years ago...

What a joke...as if it never happened...as if Clinton never called on behalf of Mary's campaign manager, who was a insider in the Clinton Whitehouse, and who had Clinton lean on Fields, and who had Fields flick the switch on his machine...

JD the Ostrich...

7. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

ANYBODY other than Buddy Leach or Richard Ieyoub.

8. JD

JD Founding Member

Tiger Educated, yet another right-wing big government statist with an immense double standard. You haven't come close to demostrating any vote buying by Landrieu, yet ignore my points on why the election changed.

So her campaign manager was in the clinton white house? Bill Frist ran Terrel's insulting campaign - what's your point?

You probably were lauding the republican house perverts for inquiring into clinton's sex life - the same perverts who would take breaks from the hearings to get fellated by their interns or someone to whom they were not married themselves.

9. JD

JD Founding Member

Can't argue with that - Ieyoub would be particularly disgusting. That's the person elections policeman tiger educated should have his eye on.

10. TigerEducated

JD, the problem with you is that you haven't asked me a single question yet, just attacked my points, and then blindly went about making assumptions...

I'll say it again, I'm a REGISTERED INDEPENDENT. I do not care for Republicans or Democrats in any sort of higher regard relative to the other.

I am speaking about the incidents on their own. You act as if you are blind about the specifics of the information...

I could not STAND Terrell in the campaign. Behind the scenes she lobbied Hainkel for more time in the Legislature and an avenue to escape the death wish that was her campaign promise to abolish her office if she won Commissioner of Elections.

Ask ANYONE over there if she didn't...In front of the cameras, she kept her campaign promise, but behind the scenes she did whatever she could to put off the abolishment and undo the act in and of itself.

Your assumptions and ridiculous comments and attempts to twist this discussion into an argument about left/right NATIONAL level politics disgusts me, and it shows me that you have no real political knowledge of the state, other than how it relates to the endless political circle jerk that takes place between those who only care what national politicians who don't affect their lives every day argue about.

See, I think Tip O'Neil had a point. All politics IS local...and you are attempting to turn, in Lincoln's words, a horse chestnut into a chestnut horse here...

The bottom line is that the Democrats in the campaign who want the black vote in those three major metropolitan areas of the state will have to pay those three individuals (or two of them I mentioned and whoever took over Tarver's fiefdom) to "activate" their political machines.

Why not take a gander at the book, "Cross to Bear" by John Maginnis...it was enlightening to me, as well as "Bad Bet on the Bayou: The Rise of Gambling in Louisiana and the fall of governor Edwin Edwards"

The second mentions and quotes briefly my former employer, who has never been a civil servant in his life, as I have not been (unless you count the LSU SID office from 99-00)...

I can assure you working for him for 2 years, as well as being a Political Science and History Double Major with a focus on local history and local politics, has taught me about current political wonks, pundits, figures, legends, and popular myths...

I ask you simply and frankly to ask me what my thoughts are, or how I'd label myself, before you do so blindly with no regard to any local politics other than how you feel I align myself nationally.

You see, paying more attention to national politics, and arguing about them here, is about as useful as masturbation without the payoff...So, you go ahead and keep on jerking...See how far you'll get yourself....

I urge you, keep this discussion on a local political level, and you and I will be fine. Try to bring in the twisted, ridiculous, superfluous left/right rhetorical debate...and you'll find yourself talking to the wall, and typing to see yourself type, because I won't respond...