The ascension is complete. Verne Kennedy Poll for La. Governor

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by TigerEducated, Sep 19, 2003.

1. JD

JD Founding Member

I posted something about a Jindal ad I didn't like - did you respond? No, you went on and on about vote buying that had nothing to do with my point. My first Jindal critique in the other thread I said his ideas were GOOD but you apparently misread it and took offense that I provided no proof his ideas sucked.

I answered a ton of your points, raised some others and you have yet to respond except going loco because someone doesn't agree with you about cleo fields, landrieu, the blue moon coming to take over louisiana and whatever else you think is going on.

How can I prove a negative? How can I prove something DIDN'T happen? It's impossible - I could say, and I did say, that the republicans probably bought votes in the jenkins campaign. Otherwise, you haven't provided any credible evidence of vote buying (and neither did woody).

so it's pointless.

2. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

I see you quickly dropped the national left/right rhetoric...Thanks for paying heed to my warning...

...do yourself a favor, leave national politics out of any discussion with me...and if you figure that speaking with me is pointless, it's no more pointless than speaking to someone who throws out blind assumptions and labels someone with whom he differs from on an opinion standpoint.

Right wing big government statist...You're so far off, and yet you still ignorantly refuse to retract the statement...

Trust me, I appreciate you finding the discussion pointless. You had me worried that I'd have to deal with your twisting every conversation topic I brought up here into some Washington DC based discussion about things with which you'll never be affected by and people you have no real access to, and I might add don't give three sh!ts as to what your opinion is on the subject...

Why not wonder why the MFP formula for distributing educational dollars in this state is skewed so that my home Parish, Livingston, can pay teachers significantly higher than surrounding school systems like EBR, Iberville, WBR, etc...?

Why do we allow petrochemical companies off the hook with education through the Industrial Tax Exemption, in which plants and other big businesses are exempted from taxation by even educational tax authorities?

You'd rather label me and whine about left/right, and talk about the Jenkins scandal, or attack a damn ADVERTISEMENT and spin it into Jindal courting the racist radical right in the state's GOP party...

Go read up on some issues, or at least some issues that happened before I was 12 and started paying close attention to state politics...Jenkins is ancient history, and she's won, and she's repeated already...

By all means, though...if you feel all this pointless, I would SINCERELY not be disappointed by you leaving me be when it comes to discussions of this nature, because you don't have too much to add to my understanding of anything other than ignorance, sir.

3. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

SanamFan if pro-life is your only pre-requiste check out Hunt Downer. I think he is the most conservative candidate in the election. And unlike Jindal he is not using his many connections with President Bush to catapult him to the front. I may be getting on a rant here, but it really sticks in my craw that Jindal is throwing around the fact that he knows the President as often as he does. President Bush has not endorsed anyone, and if he did I am rather sure it would be Downer. Especially after how hard Downer, then a democrat, campaigned for Bush, I think Jindal is a puppet of Mike Foster and a fraud. Want a true conservative vote Downer.
    http://hunt4gov.com/

4. TigerEducated

If Jindal is a puppet of Foster, then who is Downer?

You going to tell me he won't be beholden to Boysie and the other GOP powerbroker/fundraisers that Mr. Avondale helped to arrange the dilution of the Republican Party Candidates with?

The one who made Dave Treen, Downer, and other candidates come and "speak to" and have them agree that whichever one they pick, the others would drop out, and the "winner" would have the full backing and collective contributing power of all the other power brokers?

Gimme a break...Jindal is no more a pawn than Downer. Downer showed his stripes VERY early on...He serves Bollinger, and anyone who can't see that must either be a personal friend of Downer, or just doesn't like Jindal, and is willing to look ignorant on an internet message board.

Just because Downer led the "Democrats for Bush" in the election, don't think for a second that Bush would back him in the face of a former member of his upper echelon in the Administration...

Downer's a pawn, and he's a pawn that's message went NOWHERE, even with rich GOP deep-pockets backing it and helping it get out...

He's done for in this election.

5. Bestbank Tiger

Bestbank Tiger Founding Member

I believe EVERY serious candidate except Leach is pro-life.

As far as Leach & Ieyoub being assclowns, they are but you left out one: Spa Boy.

6. TigerEducated

Please, Tuwho...validate your answer with proof...or some type of link of some type...

Or is it another fanciful accusation in a long line from you and the likes of ikoikoiko...

Next we know, Iko will come here saying that Jindal will be providing free chilled monkey brains to anyone that votes for him...

Please, don't throw stones without the ability to prove them...

Was he fired? Was he told? How did you come across this information? Please, enlighten me...Or better yet, attack the ISSUES he supports, instead of how you believe he'll fare against the Legislature...while providing proof of just ONE governor who wasn't eaten alive on numerous occassions by the Legislature in the past 30 years...

Edwards in his heyday, Roemer at the outset of his campaign, and Foster on a few sparse occassions, all had their personal battles against the Legislature with which they won...but name one that wasn't DEVOURED by that carnivorous cacaphony of cockamamey crybabies...

7. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Jindal is a scalawag. I would vote for Leach (that should be effective in showing my extreme disdain for Jindal). He left Foster high and dry, did a lackluster job in the Bush administration, then thinks he can come back and be Governor. Forget him. Yankee go home.

As for Downer, he is in leaguee with Bollinger, but could that be because thousands of his constituents are employeed by Bollinger. Bollinger is vital to the economy of Houma, and Downer has worked tirelessly to keep that industry in place.

He has had some poor political alliance, Mike "back stabbing" Foster first on the list, but he is a good man, an effective leader, and the best candidate on the list.

He is the adjunct General in the national guard for pete's sake. Puppets dont move up that far in the military.

8. Bestbank Tiger

I have a question about Jindal: Has he ever held a private sector job? I bet that would be an issue if he had a D after his name.

9. TigerEducated

OK, first and foremost, you act like Jindal "backstabbed" Foster and then use that as reason enough to disrespect him.

Then, you say that Downer was "backstabbed" by Foster when Foster turned around and backed Jindal...

So, seems like Foster didn't worry too much about that "backstabbing" promotion he took to go to DHH and work under Tommy Thompson, but that you feel like even though Foster didn't mind it (Would YOU not go on to a greater challenge at the request of the POTUS and leave your job high and dry for the chance to work in the administration of the current POTUS? I know I would.) it's too great a sin for you to forgive...

So, Foster didn't mind Jindal leaving to cut his teeth nationally, but you do? Sounds rather ridiculous that Foster doesn't see it the same way you do, but you hold it against Jindal...

BTW-Jindal is no Yankee. He's homegrown. He went to Catholic High, is an Ivy League educated Louisianian who returned to work on two of the biggest, most important fields this state has, that of higher education and the hospital system..Which he not only did, he revamped enrollment, increased funding, and helped protect higher education from budgetary cuts (USING HIS CONNECTIONS IN THE LEGISLATURE! HOW ABOUT THAT?).

While heading up the LADHH, he turned a deficit into a surplus, revamped and cut through red tape in the network of Louisiana Charity Hospitals, and increased access in the troubled and languishing New Orleans Charity Hospital System. He also managed to lobby for and get INCREASED FUNDING for DHH...Who did he lobby for, by the way? Why, none other than the LEGISLATURE...HOW ABOUT THAT?

Jindal is no Yankee, he's done Louisiana Proud in Washington, and he's done Louisianians proud in his home state while in charge of higher education and the state department of Health and Hospitals...

He'll do us even prouder as Governor...

10. Bestbank Tiger

I couldn't find it on any news source but I guessed, correctly, that Jindal would have the results posted on his web page.

Jindal 18
    Blanco 16
    Ieyoub 13
    Leach 11
    Ewing 9
    Downer 6
    Spa Boy 2

So I wouldn't celebrate too much. First, Undecided is leading that poll (do the math). Second, that poll doesn't seem too accurate--Ieyoub + Leach=24%, which is more than the total liberal vote has historically been in statewide primaries for open seats. Third, based on the polls overall, the votes that are still out there are "Bubba" votes. I don't see those going to Jindal.