The ascension is complete. Verne Kennedy Poll for La. Governor

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by TigerEducated, Sep 19, 2003.

1. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

So, you admit you have no basis for this accusation?

Where did you hear it?

Or did you just hear someone else say it, and run with it?

Just as I suspected...

2. JD

JD Founding Member

Forget whether he was fired or not. I posed this question earlier and you didn't answer it - what, exactly did Jindal accomplish for the Bush administration that changed health care.
    Or, at least, what did he propose, that bush ran with, that congress, perhaps killed?

I also think it's a legitimate criticism that he's a career long bureaucrat. Let him run a hospital or a hospital corporation; hell, work in one, see the blood. As a vet of that field, what really goes on doesn't happen on paper.

3. TigerEducated

Career Politician? The man's only 32 years old!

I could understand if you wanted to toss that accusation at Mary Landrieu, or even better, Kathy Babs Blanco...but Jindal? The man went to grad school, and I think Foster gave him his first appointment at 26 or 27...Which means he's only been working for the public for a max of 4-5 years...

Secondly, JD, Jindal was one of 13 senior policy advisors for TT at the DHH. The official title, I think is Asst. Secretary for Planning and Evaluation at DHH...Which means he was a policy advisor...

Before that, he was president of the University of Louisiana System, appointed by Foster. It's verifiable fact that during his time at the helm, schools graduated and retained more students compared to when he was there.

It's also verifiable that he increased funding and also increased the number of endowed chair positions...

Before that, he was head of the National BIPARTISAN (something that JD cannot fathom-and therefore, never truly be able to discuss politics on a pure level due to his built in rhetoric short circuit) Commission On the Future Of Medicare (Breaux-Thomas Commission)...His capacity was Executive Director, and the body's job was to recommend changes to help strengthen Medicare.

Next, he was Secretary of Louisiana's Department of Health and Hospitals...

He was responsible for turning a deficit of FOUR HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS into a surplus of TWO HUNDRED TWENTY MILLION. Thereby saving Louisiana more than a HALF BILLION DOLLARS.

He achieved that fiscal feat in 3 years.

During that time, Louisiana moved to 3rd best nationally for health care screenings for children, increased childhood immunizations to almost 90%, and expanded services and accessability to elderly persons who before this time had not had the opportunity afforded to them by DHH.

Before ALL of this, by the way, the man was a Consultant for a Consulting Company that advised CEO's of Fortune 500 companies. The name of it was the McKinsey Corporation...

So, in all, we've answered the question on whether or not this man can fix a budget, we've answered the question of whether or not this man can produce results in ANY position he's in, and we've answered the question about whether or not he can deal with legislators and bureaucrats. At DHH, TRUST ME, he dealt with Legislators and other political wonks on a daily basis...

We also answered the frivolous question about whether he's ever held a job in the private sector, which he has...

Did I also mention he's a graduate of Brown University, and received a graduate degree from Oxford as a RHODES SCHOLAR?

Someone, please tell me where this guy's credentials are weak...

You people make me laugh...

Poor JD makes me cackle...He can turn around a budget in Louisiana's Health Care System, and improve services while he's at it, but a HALF BILLION DOLLAR BUDGET SWING TO THE POSITIVE isn't worthy of JD's vote...

Your so mired in your left/right ****** it's blinded you to a truly intelligent, likeable, non controversial young man who's worthy of being allowed to try to help this state go in another direction...

4. JD

JD Founding Member

I didn't say anything about left and right in my post - I am actually considering Jindal, a republican. But in true right wing fashion, if you even QUESTION a republican, you are a crazy - just like if you dare to question george bush, you are unamerican. I asked some legitimate questions, which you answered - I have more but there is no point. You go on and on and on about how you are "bipartisan" yet you accuse every victorious democrat of vote buying, in the finest tradition of woody jenkins, you trash decorated generals because of some unverified nonsense about phoning the all important karl rove (what is your source for that, BTW - newsmax?.
    Any "bipartisan" would have been nowhere NEAR Terrel in the last election - she was a complete tool of bill frist and the national republican party - she would have been right down bush's line on everything. Not to mention that she was a ridiculously weak candidate. Whatever cover existed for the notion that you aren't republican ended with not only your support for terrel, but in such maniacal fashion that you accuse landrieu of vote buying.

5. TigerEducated

Hey, brainiac...I voted for Landrieu, numbnuts...

You have said that twice now...I was on another site almost 4 months before the damn election saying that the Republicans wouldn't win because they were going to flood the field, dilute the strength of the real candidates, and then go running to DC to help them out, since Louisiana's elections-if they go to the runoff-actually become pretty important in comparison to the rest of them...

I also knew they'd lose as long as Mary Landrieu could mend the fences she broke when she didn't support fields against Foster when he made the runoff...

Now I'd like to see you spin this...I can actually reproduce .html posts from that other site AT WILL that can prove I supported Landrieu VEHEMENTLY during the election...

You can also ask ikoikoiko, who posts here, about my vociferous backing of Landriue in the face of the Scrarecrow from Oz, "If I only had GWB's brain" campaign that Terrell ran behind...

Try again, MENSA member...You're 0-2 for trying to slip that brain fart by that I supported Terrell...Please show me where I've said that or inferred that...

LOL@you...