The "Asshole" Fan

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by GeauxTigers, Jan 2, 2003.

1. GeauxTigers

GeauxTigers Founding Member

The "A-hole" Fan

He is the guy that gives your team a bad name.

He's the reason that, when your walking into an opposing team's stadium to enjoy a Saturday of College Football, you and your daughter have to suffer an onslot of verbage that would make a sailor blush:eek:

He's the guy that you have fantasies of throwing off the upper deck.

He's the guy that doesn't know when enough is enough (alcohol and language).

He's the guy who's IQ is lower than his shoe size.

And he's the guy that was sitting behind me at the Cotton Bowl.
    After listening to a constant onslot of comments about Chris Simms, his playing abilities, his lineage, his sexual prefrences and his choice in clothes, I had to make a comment of my own.

The script read something like this:
    The Guy: "Simms sucks *&^%, you suck Simms, and you probably ^%$& BEVO!!"
    (this made after Simms just threw his second TD pass)
    The Guy: "Simms is such an *&^#*%$!! You Suck Simms!!!"
    (this comment made several times while LSU Offense was on the field)??
    Me: "For someone who sucks, he seems to have no problem shredding our secondary. Seems to me your assessment of Simms sucks."

Pause while The Guy trys to process the big words....

The Guy:"Yea, well you probably suck &^$% too."

Proof that you should never have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.

We all know The Guy, some of you may be The Guy, but one thing is for sure...
    Unfortunately we as fans get judged by The Guy and I for one would like to go on record as saying that I hope that all of "The Guys" out there would just stay at home and tell it to the dog, he at least will love you for it no matter what.:rolleyes:

2. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

Very true.........unfortunately.

3. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

I had one in my section at the cotton bowl, three of us had to stand up to tell him to shut up. He made all of us look foolish.

However I would have to say, it appears UT cornered the market on such fan on Bowl Day...

4. Tiger Trey

Tiger Trey Founding Member

I also ran across his distant cousin...

The "Saban Can Take His A$$ to the NFL Right Now" fan.

Probably the first time I've ever told someone to shut the hell up while I was taking a leak !!!!!!!

5. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

Never argue with an idiot. He will just drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Had one behind me one night in tiger stadium. I was married then. By the time my wife took her finger oot of his face he was trying to dig a hole for himself. He still has figured out what she said.

6. msully

msully Founding Member

Sunday School vs a football game

There is a lot to said here , I almost am willing to agree( BUT) as I read your words in fact your header OH, your daughter will not be coming into tiger fourms and reading what you write . I understand now , you do have a choice go get security have him or them thrown out of the game and then it will seem like Sunday School again like I said I am almost willing to agree with you but --------Mike Sullivan

7. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

Re: Sunday School vs a football game

There is a very big difference between being loud and cheering your team on and being stuid & obnoxious. Mike Sullivan, surely you wouldn't want your family sitting around some clown like that.

But it is like the man said. Maybe you are one of the "asshole" fans.

8. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

Horrible

I had to stand up and yell to Marcus Randall and tell him how horrible he is as a QB. But other than that my section was very nice. Texas fans around us were very good.

Texas Fans much Better than Ark fans.

9. TomyDingo

TomyDingo Founding Member

Has anyone experienced the one that smokes in Tiger Stadium? Me and my friends have. We told them to put it out but they just blew the smoke our way and replied with "It's cold." So we motioned for security to come and get them but they put out thier cigarettes before the cop got there. The cop took one guy out and so the rest of his friends were mad at us. One of the guys was trying to pick a fight with a guy that was with us. He kept calling him a "bitch" and stuff like that. His friend did eventually return, but of course they never did anything after the game.

10. diehardLSUfan

diehardLSUfan Founding Member

The worst experience I've ever had

in Tiger Stadium was the Alabama game this year. And that's after having going to most games since 1980. I've never witnessed more losers that shouldn't have been drinking b/c they don't know how to act when they are drunk. One guy next to me is usually crazy and it's funny to a certain extent but that night he was just downright annoying the piss out of everyone and then the "I'm gonna kick your a$$!" comments started flying between him and other "men" in the section for the entire 2nd half. Same thing in the bathroom - can't tell you how many LSU fans I saw almost get in a fight with each other that night. And all that in addition to the game that night...

I love the stigma that comes with our passionate fans but some of our fans like to take that and run with it. I don't have a problem with alcohol being consumed before and/or during games nor do I view myself as better than anyone else. But for God's sake if you can't drink and/or act like an adult do one of two things:

1. Stay home (as one suggested above)
    2. Go sit in the student section (not meant as an insult to the students)