The Auburn Situation...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by KTeamLSU, Nov 28, 2004.

1. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

I'd take a root canal over both of em... so Im pulling for OU, we handed it to em last year, so i think they deserve it this year.

2. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

I WAS.

PS I STILL HATE AU & CTT.

3. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

KteamLSU.... lemme get this straight. You make a big, huge deal of calling out AUnuma for being two-faced. Then your asked to back it up, and all you can produce is a couple of farks, both of which have previously been posted on this very board by your own fellow LSU posters?

Man, that is some lame , no, very lame smack :dis:

[​IMG]

4. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

So was AU's support of USC last year.... boo hoo :cry:

Don't get me wrong Caddy... I'm not attacking you... Most of what you post here is very civil and well thought out...

5. AuNuma1

AuNuma1 Founding Member

Kteam, were you even on this forum a year ago? You keep saying that Auburn fans supported USC. Was it on this board or what? What are you basing this Auburn/USC thing on? I don't get it...

6. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

I wasn't on TigerForum... but that doesnt mean I wasnt lurking on USC or Burner Forums... everyone knows about the love fest between you guys last year... although I will admit at this time, I was unable to find any true bashing, that I said I saw from you... therefore I was wrong and apologize for my accusations... but thats as far as I will go.

7. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Try this link that is on another thread on this board. If you want more obviously some here have links to similar stuff, I bet dheadtiger could help you find some. All of us that were here last season read many posts from both the AU boards and the USC boards that could be classified as nothing less than a love fest. I'm not saying you were part of it but all of us here saw it. If you missed it I'm sorry but unfortunately we didn't.:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

TRUE LOVE

8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

All top 3 teams MUST win this weekend for the sake of a future playoff system (preferably 4+1).

That's all I care about at this point. Let's crown a champion correctly.

9. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

Strange, but I visited this board with frequency during that time and remember it differently. The great thing about SEC fans is they traditionally support all other SEC teams during Bowl season. There are, of course, exceptions to this generality but they are minor. (e.g. I know some AU fans that will never pull for Bama under any circumstance, but it doesn’t necessarily mean they will root Bama’s opponent either)

From my observation, the majority of AU fans pulled openly for LSU against Georgia (in the SECC) and Oklahoma and supported LSU as deserving of the co-NC. Many AU fans also supported USC as one-half of a co-NC, myself included. My feeling was that both teams deserved and had earned the right to claim the NC. My belief was that the debate would rage either way (and it did) , whether it was a case of a single MNC or co-Champions, so why not reward both deserving parties.

JMO, but I don’t believe most AU fans felt much differently – I know my network of AU friends shared a similar viewpoint. Here’s an honest question that I still cannot answer, even after reading this board on a regular basis…… Did/Do LSU fans resent AU fans because they feel AU should’ve supported LSU as the sole MNC candidate?

It’s important to remember that the views shared by a minority of internet smackers don’t necessarily reflect mainstream opinion, especially among fans of the SEC.

10. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

That's only one of many that have been discussed time and again at length.