The Auburn Situation...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by KTeamLSU, Nov 28, 2004.

1. Proud Tiger

Proud Tiger Founding Member

NO, I DID NOT
    go to an OSU board to bash LSU. I don't give a sh** whether you believe that or not. My wife is an OSU grad and I was on their board having fun. My first post contained the words "LSU has the best and worst fans of anyone. The best are passionate and knowledgeable about the game. Fortunately the worst are a small percentage." I still believe that. The a lot of LSU guys came on the board and gave me a ration of sh** about even being there and we exchanged some unfriendly posts. Then your resident gay Tiger, little rickyd, posted excerpts of some of my posts here and trhe rest is history. He also claims I bashed LSU on all your opponents boards which is absolutely not true. Other than the OSU board, I never post on any board except my Auburn board, one bama board and this one. And did I pull for OSU against LSU....damn right. If you were an Auburn guy married to a beaver who would you pull for? :hihi:
    So continue to bash me. I could not care less but all you are doing is slowly turning someone who has always liked LSU into an LSU hater.

2. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Proud. This is tired and old. You STILL do not admit to what you did. Not only did you bash LSU on the OSU boards but you EDITED your posts there after it was pointed out.

*yawn*

The saga of the two faces of Proud Tiger continues.

3. TitanTiger (AU)

TitanTiger (AU) Founding Member

Not sure which Auburn forum you were browsing besides ours. I noticed that you referenced one thread that you thought proved AuNuma was anti-LSU and didn't want them in the BCS game last season. Here are a few other threads to chew on from last year:

http://www.aunation.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=3197&hl=

http://www.aunation.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=3219&hl=

http://www.aunation.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=3239&hl=

http://www.aunation.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=3227&hl=

http://www.aunation.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=3262&hl=

http://www.aunation.net/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=2&t=3341&st=

http://www.aunation.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=4030&hl=

http://www.aunation.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=4057&b=1&st=&p=&#entry

I did a search on our forums and these were the all the ones I saw that addressed the BCS mess last year. In every one, you will find the overwhelming majority thought LSU deserved to be in the title game without question, with one or maybe two dissenters. Also in one of those threads, you'll see the the Auburn fans that frequent our board overwhelmingly pulled for LSU in the title game against OU. Now, as far as USC was concerned, you'll also find that the vast majority thought they got a raw deal...that Oklahoma didn't deserve to be there and it should have been LSU vs USC in the Sugar. After the game was over, congrats were offered to LSU for winning the MNC.

Bottom line is, your perception of how Auburn fans handled it does not apply to the regular Auburn fans that post here or at AUNation. It's a myth.

4. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

1. I dont "pull" for a team based on what I think of their fans or what they think of LSU, if that were the case I would not have pulled for Notre Dame the other night.

2. I don't hate Tommy Tubberville. I dont like him, hate him love him or any of the above. I think he is a "loose" coach as far as discipline is concerned. Nick Saban is not this way. You can hate tubby if you want to, I dislike his coaching style. That doesn't mean I hate Auburn. I think it's good to have coaches with different coaching styles like this. Yes sometimes these coaches are succesfull.

But, it also serves to remind us how LUCKY we are to have a coach that teaches integrity as well as football. We know our coaching staff isn't just coaching a great SEC/NCAA school to more wins, they are preparing young men and women to fufill a role in society, possibly away from athletics. The examples these coaches set will be the standard by which these athletes will live by in some cases. Safe to say that I'd rather Coach Saban set the example for my son or daughter, than Tommy Tubberville. NOT that coach Tubby is the "worst case scenario". Learn to appreciate what we have.

3. I dislike all teams equally, with the possible exception of Ole Miss :eek:lefire: ( rivals since times of Old whether some of you CHOOSE to admit it or not )
    Georgia, Ohio State, and USC, because they are Media Darlings. :angry:
    I don't hate their fans, other than the small percentage that act like idiots.

4.if I think it helps LSU, I'll pull for a team, if not I don't care what happens.
    It's not like it makes a difference in the outcome who I favor, or YOU either for that matter. Unless you're actually at the game and lending your voice to create "home" field advantage, then it doesn't really matter who you are "for"

If I favor auburn in a bowl agaisnt someone, it won't be a "stamp" of approval for their organization. I am sure they are waiting for that anyway. :dis:

If it winds up OU and Auburn in the Orange, I may be an OU fan, I have lot's of relatives in Okla. and have always admired the sooners fans. Then again I have some friends from south ala, I may just as likely be for Auburn in the game. Probably will. :shock: gee will you live? :lol:

I'd love to see USC lose anytime, anywhere, that's my main thing this year. Besides LSU winning, that's first.

5. Atreus21

Atreus21 Founding Member

This is really dumb. For christ's sake. People are so willing to cling to old rumors. WHO FREAKING CARES!?

6. WarEagle92

WarEagle92 Freshman

Here's my two cents ...

I cheered my ass off for LSU against Oklahoma, but I don't think it actually affected the outcome of the game. So, if you all want to cheer against us, knock yourselves out.

I came over here after you all whipped the Hogs the other day and offered sincere congratulations, which were misinterpreted by some around here. I think you all just hate the living crap out of Auburn, and that's how its just gonna be. I can live with it. I'm too busy hating Bama to have any time left to hate LSU.

Let me ask a serious question now from all of you guys ... is there any team you hate more than Auburn? Just curious.

7. Vincent4Heisman

Vincent4Heisman Freshman

I care about one team...

LSU

I could care less what any other school does.

I don't care who wins the National Championship because it's not LSU this year.

8. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

For me personally, it's Ole Piss, followed very closely by AU & USC. Some of you AU guys seem decent and I want to try and root for you because I know it's beneficial to the LSU and the SEC...but I just can't.

9. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

I dont hate Auburn at all, hell no offense but I remember when we used to scream " we want Bama" after whooping archrival :eek:lefire: back in the days in Tiger Stadium. Auburn wasn't even thought of. ( sorry but you just weren't a big deal to us back then )

These folks around here who hate Auburn are youngsters, they don't remember the Tulane rivalry and the Ole Piss rivalry and then Bama. we need to beat up on those guys at least ten more years, just to prove a point!

If anything was a rivalry in the making I would think it would be the piggies, since we have this giant boot thing going on.

10. rickyd

rickyd Founding Member

Gay resident, are you kidding, I prolly hit that beaver of yours long before them OSU boys did.

As for the NO I DIDN'T, "YOU SIR ARE A LIAR" as well as a needle dick! (according to your wife)