The Auburn Situation...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by KTeamLSU, Nov 28, 2004.

1. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Yeah, the rule is there to protect them from having men falling right on their back and causing serious injury.

People did comment to go back and look at the blocked extra point because it happened for sure on that play. So you are most likely right. I was watching LSU basketball game during that part of the game.

2. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

SInce the LSU/AU game, that penalty has not been called on any other team in any other game. Hmmmm... :confused:

3. shaqazoolu

shaqazoolu Concentrated Awesome

Why is everyone arguing with Auburn fans about a penalty that happened 2 months ago. Arguing about it isn't gonna give us a win, it's not gonna give them a loss, it's not gonna make our OSU win more impressive. Just give it a rest.....geez, y'all are all acting like children.

Personally, I dislike USC more than AU and as I said numerous times earlier in the season, AU will destroy whoever they play in whatever bowl game they play in. I don't like the system we have but last year is a testament to how INEFFECTIVE whining about it really is. Get a life and talk about something that matters....

4. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Actually the rule was first brought up to protect the guy who was jumping up because some guy broke his neck in a game when he landed on his head, but it is in place now to prevent injuries to all of the players and it is a rule and should be called, just call it all the time, don't be subjective in making the call. The worse thing officials can do is never make the call until oneday when they feel like it. That's like the balk call by a lkefthanded pitcher in baseball.

They let Andy Pettit get away with murder for years but called other lefthanders for a balk for making the exact same move. Same with second baseman just being in the vicinity of second base on a double play, they've finally started calling that one correctly in the past few years but for a long time they only called it once a season and it usually hurt the team they called it on really bad.

5. Mr. Peabody

Mr. Peabody Founding Member

6. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

Now look at the mess you've made here with that...

I hope you brought enough for everybody... :grin:

7. ChineseBandit

ChineseBandit Founding Member

Really I don't think about the PAT pentalty at all. Only thing I remember is that 4th and 12. Stop that and the game is over.

8. ChineseBandit

ChineseBandit Founding Member

Both. At the same time.