The bad thing about the SEC......

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DownOnTheBayou, Oct 15, 2006.

1. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

is that the conference is so tough that they beat up on each other and knock themselves out of the NC game. And teams like UL and WVU get a free ride cause they don't play anybody. That's why I think that if a SEC team goes undefeated (AU 2 years ago), they deserve to be in the NC game. So look forward to a OSU/Mich v WVU/UL NC game.

2. Dutchtown tiger

Dutchtown tiger Founding Member

hence is why dumbo wants some sort of a playoff system. I think this thing could easily not work itself out this year.

3. BamaHeelBengal

BamaHeelBengal Founding Member

hell, I'll go you one better, if an LSU or AU or UGA goes thru with only 1 loss I think they outta be inthe BCSCG as well. USC is good but they wouldn't go undefeated in this league and neither would OSU. .02

4. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

it aint true this year. none of the sec teams are great. aub, lsu and uf all screwed themselves in their losses. its not like the sec has several teams that are nc caliber and thats why they all have losses.

5. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I was thinking the same but thought no one would ever admit to that. I think the SEC has some teams with the potential to be great but I have found the level of play, week-in and week-out to vary a lot. No consistency. I know I'm biased but I still firmly believe that LSU is the best team in the SEC and we could be of NC caliber if we played up to our potential with the talent we have.

6. Tigers Paw

Tigers Paw Founding Member

I don't buy that. The SEC has had 3 national champions in the last ten years.Florida,Tenn. and LSU.

7. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

until there's a playoff of some sort, the rest is simply speculation .... hence the reason it's referred to as the Mythical National Championship.

8. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

True, but we would have had more had our conference not been so traditionally strong. The point is, you put Florida, LSU, Auburn, or Tenn in the Big East, then we have 5 or 6 championships...