The Barn's New York Times Investigation

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerBait3, Jul 13, 2006.

1. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

What a joke!

2. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

By my reports, there are 7 schools that reported this and more to come. Two of the schools were from the SEC, Vandy and Georgia.

3. LSUfreshman21

LSUfreshman21 Founding Member

I just heard about this case on cold pizza this morning. Does this mean the barners go on probation which denies them the right to go to the sec championship?

4. vatz22AU

vatz22AU Founding Member

Hey pinocchio, where've you been??

Give me a break... "By my reports..."

At least put some damn sense into this. Didn't the NYT win a pullitzer off of a made up article of a homeless man?? Wow, what credibility this paper has.

Hell look at USC and what they are getting away with. Hmm... Reggie Bush's family in a multi-million dollar home? Swept under the rug. USC WR has a $3,866 monthly rent taken care of by Daddy Lienart? Swept under the rug.

5. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

Probation? There won't even be an NCAA investigation. You see, in order for there to be an investigation, there must be some actual evidence or foundation to support the allegations.

but, as is the case with articles that are merely put forth to sell newspapers, there is little to no evidence that any impropriety took place. READ THE ARTICLE CAREFULLY! .... there's nothing there. :dis:

6. LSUfreshman21

Hey buddy don't tried to throw us in the mix. AU is going to be investigated don't try to act like its happening everywhere. Oh and read this article "carefully".
    - http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?cid=561347

"Williams, the former star running back who now plays for the NFL's Tampa Bay Buccaneers, told the newspaper the only two classes he took the spring semester of his senior year were one-on-one courses with Professor Thomas Petee, the sociology department's highest-ranking member."

Looks like your very own Cadilac turned you guys in. How much more evidence do you need when a former player admits it. CW also said 18 other players on the 04' team skipped school as well.

"The Times reported on its Web site Thursday night that 18 members of the 2004 football team a team that went undefeated and finished No. 2 in the nation took a combined 97 hours of the courses during their careers. The newspaper said the offerings resemble independent study and include subjects as statistics, theory and methods, which normally require class instruction."

7. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Auburn isn't USC or Michigan(something like $500,000 paid to the fab 5). LSU basketball damn near got the death penalty because some booster gave $5,000 to a player and no one at LSU knew about it. Don't think for a second that the nazi's at the NCAA treat everyone the same.

8. vatz22AU

vatz22AU Founding Member

Not true buddy:

Believe me, any newspaper, ESPECIALLY the New York Times, can twist and turn just about anything.

As much as some of you are just in a happy glee over this and would love to see something happen.... it wont.

Thank god for the reasonable ones out there who can see things without cloudy glasses on.

9. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Have to agree with you on this front, The New York Times has no shame and will stop at nothing if they have an agenda to pursue. Whats the angle with Auburn ?

10. LSUfreshman21

Oh ok Cadilac whatever you say. I would rather believe these articles rather than maaan I didnt do nothin illegal or sh_t. Just looks a little sketchy to me. Maybe you know more about this than I do who knows, but Cadilac has always sounded stupid. Remember what he said when he was drafted after Ronnie Brown in the draft? My boy Ronnie might have won the war, but I am going to win the battle.:lol: