The Bedroom Fuzz..

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by JD, Apr 23, 2003.

1. JD

JD Founding Member

No right-wing bedroom police?
    Just take a look at Republican #3, Rick Santorum, who believes that government's PRIME PURPOSE is interfering with private lives of people. This freak, his comrade The Ayatollah Ashcroft and the rest of the right wing freedom HATERS, believe that government belongs in the bedroom (as long as they and their evil friends like pat robertson are the government).
    This nutcase argues against GRISWOLD - which was a birth control case - He and his fellow right wingers believe that THEY not YOU have the right to decided whether you can use birth control.

The greatest threat to freedom is not some outside nutcase, but your own nutcases who want to piss on the constitution article, but article.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/news/archive/2003/04/22/national1737EDT0668.DTL

2. Bestbank Tiger

Bestbank Tiger Founding Member

Santorum's bit about the Supreme Court getting involved and making law is a joke, because that's EXACTLY what they did in Bowers v. Hardwick. The DA declined to pursue the case. Therefore, the proper ruling unde the principle of judicial restraint would have been to vacate all rulings and say Hardwick had no standing to challenge the law. Instead, the Supreme Court decided not only that the genreal sodomy law was constitutional but also narrowed the scope of the decision to gays. In other words, they locked in their policy preference when they could have avoided answering the question.

3. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

First the gays were offended by being lumped together with the immoral polygamists and incestors*. NOW the polygamists have come out and said that they are offended by being lumped together with the immoral gays. Boy, you just cant please everybody. ;)

What's the world coming to when the deviant sexual subcultures can't even get along with each other? (KIDDING!)

*I know this is not a word, but I'm not down with the proper incest lingo.

4. Bestbank Tiger

About your first sentence...

Did Santorum really think Ole Miss fans would take kindly to being lumped in with Mississippi State Fans?

5. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

LOL!:D

6. Bestbank Tiger

Voinovich is from Ohio, actually.

In any case, there's a lot of speculation about various moderate Republicans who might switch over a McCain-style intraparty hatchet job. I hope it doesn't happen. I'd rather take back the Senate at the ballot box, instead of giving the Republicans ammunition for 2004.

The GOP has the White House and both houses of Congress right now. I want them to have the opportunity to put up or shut up.