The best freshman receiver we have

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Gulf Coast Tige, Feb 10, 2004.

1. Gulf Coast Tige

Gulf Coast Tige Founding Member

is Amp Hill. Remember last year at the begining of the season he was going to start over D. Henderson. Henderson is about to be drafted, so Hill must be pretty dang good. Hill has a year in the system, a year of maturity, and he is ready to break out. :lsug:

2. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

So we could very possibly have a 5 WR formation

Amp Hill
    Dwayne Bowe
    Xavier Carter
    Early Doucet
    Sklyer Green

Nice

3. Gulf Coast Tige

Gulf Coast Tige Founding Member

I played QB in high school and I believe with these guys, the RB's we have and the OLine I could get the job done. Of course, I am dreaming again.

4. Da-veed

Da-veed Freshman

I saw him a couple of times last year including the day he was hurt. He is bigger than Bowe or Davis, I mean more muscular, thicker. The most impressive thing to me was he ran precise routes and caught with his hands in the right position. The cuts were right angles and not rounded off. He also tiptoed the sideline well. With some luck and hard work he will be a great one.

5. BB

BB Founding Member

If I was on defense and saw those 5 guys in a formation at the same time, I would soil my pants. That formation would be like Pearl Harbor for defenses.

6. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Just think of that freshman DB that has to come in when LSU sends out their 5 WR package and he has yet to play yet. He gets stuck out on and island with 5 of the fastest, best Wr's in the country, he also knows that the QB has thrown a ball 75 yards from his knees; How's he going to feel!!!

7. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

LOL, this sounds like one of those fish stories!

Pretty soon, we'll be saying he threw it out onto Nicholson Drive...

8. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

Actually, he threw it to I-10, but who cares about the details?? :D :D

9. LSUHotdog

LSUHotdog Founding Member

I question how much of a dropoff the O-line has from last year being 2 positions will be so untested. Also, who will be our blocking TE? David Jones is too good of a receiver to be blocking. I think Craig Davis will step up from last year as well, he just needs to catch.
    Early will be the new Michael Clayton, and I like Bowe too.

10. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I bet the 2 new starters will be Niswanger and Livings and they played almost as much as the starters so we won't be untested. Then we will play a couple of more this year just like we played those 2 guys last season and on and on. The way Nick does thing I doubt if we will ever have any untested starters unless we get injuries, which of course will happen some time.