The best of times and the worst of times

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by APPTiger, Dec 9, 2019.

1. APPTiger

APPTiger still unable to post Geaux Tigers!

Yesterday was one of the best days ever. Tigers and Apps roll. LSU assumes it's rightful place at the top of the SEC after shellacking the Dawgs. Gaining the top seed in the CFP as a result. Bayou Joe/Joey Heisman is looking like a lock for the trophy.

App State wins its 4th straight Sun Belt title and caps off a 12-1 season. Beating both Carolina's in the process. 6-0 road record. Two P5 wins in one season. End the season ranked in top 21 for the first time ever. Outside chance at the Cotton bowl or Belk bowl.

Today our coach of 11 months is gone to Mizzou. Probably take half the staff. Bowl possibilities erased, we are headed to the NOLA bowl (no problem here). Opponent in the bowl is UAB. No slight to UAB but we were hoping for a much tougher and higher profile match up. Top it off now rumors our great AD is headed to Cincy. Bad way to end a great season.
    Damn, what a freaking day! (Vent off)
    GEAUX TIGERS!

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
  2. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

Does this mean that ULL might finally beat y’all? ;)

APPTiger likes this.
  3. ROY_LA_CA

ROY_LA_CA Founding Member

APPTiger... Thanks for sharring your "best and worst" feelings.

Until I read your current post, I had no real idea how special your season was. As the saying goes, "we often don't realise what we have, until we lose it."

Although, now that I reflect on your previous posts, you certainly had much appreciation of how special both the APP and the LSU current football seasons were / are.

You've made me an App fan with your posts. I'm looking forward to learning how you and your APP team rebound. Best wishes to you even when you play my old college from back in the late sixties which I'll always think of as USL. Please keep us posted.

Enjoy the great LSU wave we're presently riding. Like all things, it too will ultimately crash into the shore and when it does, hopefully we'll all be appreciative for the ride, even grateful and humbeled in the following calm as we reflect upon our good fortune and still yearn for yet another great wave to ride. Geaux Tigers...

APPTiger likes this.
  4. APPTiger

It's coming, gonna happen.

5. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Good luck on the AD and coach. Sucks. Is Missouri getting a good one. Report this morning said it’s a risky hire, dude still has a lot to prove.

APPTiger likes this.
  6. APPTiger

I'd say it's a very risky hire and one I probably would not have made. He had a great year at APP but it's his first year as a HC. He inherited a great situation and did not create or build it. Only time will tell if it's a good hire.

7. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Sorry to hear about the pending changes. Moving “up”/moving on is inevitable when a program has reached the level of success as App State.

App State has become a football machine. I always love it when App State, or even ECU, whup up on Carolina or State. Good luck going forward.

APPTiger likes this.
  8. APPTiger

We have hired our new coach. Shawn Clark, Offensive line/ associate head coach. Promotion from within. Called plays in the NOLA bowl last year as interim OC after Satterfield and half the staff left for Louisville. He is the coach the players wanted.
    Headline in Tomorrow's Paper- "A Mountaineer is back in charge of the Mountaineers". He may leave one day but will not be using this job to hop to another. He has passion for the program, kinda like CEO.
    Picture below- Current Louisville coach Scott Satterfield at QB. New App State HC Shawn Clark at Left Guard. Throttling Weak Forrest. PS our AD is staying. It's a good day.
    [​IMG]

furduknfish likes this.
  9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

In 1987 after Bill Arnsparger left the LSU players liked Mike Archer so they hired him over Steve Spurrier. Oh, what could have been!

ROY_LA_CA and APPTiger like this.
  10. ROY_LA_CA

ROY_LA_CA Founding Member

You just never know... Sure makes it interesting. Will this current LSU wave be a high shooting metor, a one shot freak of beautiful nature or just maybe, a new sun?

APPTiger likes this.