The better team lost.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by medtiger, Sep 16, 2006.

1. medtiger

medtiger Founding Member

LSU should have won against AU and the refs.

2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Maybe so but the team that played the best today won.

:helmet:

3. Atreus21

Atreus21 Founding Member

Correction.

The team that paid the best today won.

4. medtiger

medtiger Founding Member

how can you say they played better? Just look at the stats.

5. MFn G I M P

MFn G I M P Founding Member

If you go by stats Joe Namath is a horrible QB who shouldn't be sitting in the HOF right now but he is. It isn't just stats it is who plays best when it counts and Auburn clearly did that and we didn't.

6. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I couln't have said it better!

7. upsizin

upsizin Founding Member

nice loser mantality... WAY TO GO!!!

8. JP4LSU

JP4LSU Founding Member

Auburn beat LSU in several areas. Yes the refs hurt LSU at least 3 times with bad calls and no calls.

But Auburn could run the ball, LSU couldn't. For some reason LSU kept AB and JV in the entire game. I feel that KW or CS should've gotten some reps to try to get something going.

Auburn D-line beat LSU O-line in the running category and Auburn O-line and Irons beat LSU D-line and LB's on the drives that counted in the 2nd half.

JR made a couple of bad decisions late, there were many times he didn't set his feet and fire the ball which resulted in misses and in Early's case he had to wait and jump for the ball which was tipped and missed. Yes the PI that was picked up was wrong and there were other calls that were bad and missed. But LSU didn't take it to Auburn in several areas and were out played in those areas.

The play calling was bad for LSU offense. It seemed they gave the same look too many times, the 3 WR's at the end of the LoS was run countless times. End arounds never ran or faked as they did in the 1st 2 games. AU ran that play on us a bunch of times. Running the ball with 4 mins left was stupid. If you have to do that don't give it to the guys have struggled getting 1 yard, but put a fresh Scott or Williams in there. But running is not a good option with 4 mins. The deep ball wasn't thrown any till late in the game to keep them honest in the secondary. Even in prevent defense at the end AU secondary was getting torched. The deep ball should've been thrown a lot more in the 1st half.

I think both teams are very even and it was close and very exciting. Auburn beat LSU in several areas but the refs did help also.

9. RedElephants

RedElephants Founding Member

Nice one Matt... :hihi: