The Biden presidency

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Winston1, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

are they not trying to overturn the supreme courts opinions with intimidation?

2. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Only after he failed on January 6. Of course he’s a long time failure who has bankrupted most of the businesses he’s run.

3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

And another bunch did the same in Seattle, even forcefully taking possession of a portion of downtown.

4. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

how close were we to losign democracy in terms of percent chance?

5. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

And he was STILL heads and shoulders better than the corps that is lying in wake at the WH today.

shane0911 likes this.
  6. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

thats right, it was Seattle. And a kid was shot because there were actual guns and violence there. And wouldn’t let emergency services in and actually ruined people’s lives. But yeah, 1/6 and all.

mctiger likes this.
  7. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

its not about anything but the policies he enacted. being pro energy independence for example and not being into stupid green bullshit that means we buy energy from enemies. and not printing money that creates destructive inflation. its policy that matters not which orange man makes you sad and angry

LSUpride123 likes this.
  8. Rex

Rex Founding Member

Everybody's for energy independence. The wiser ones among us think about long term sustainability. The less selfish ones among us think about how we're going to leave the planet for future generations. Obviously you're not among our groups.

9. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

yes i know its always about portraying yourself as more noble and virtuous by contrast to your political opponent.

let me put this in a context you can understand.

poor people and developing countries need cheap energy. else you are hurting lesbians and muslims and trannies and underprivileged midget children. try not to be so selfish and do every policy that favors rich white men like yourself.

future generations will have better and more robust infrastructure and wealth and will easily adapt to whatever climate.

this is why we have fewer climate related deaths than any time in history now.

Winston1 likes this.
  10. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

That’s almost a smart comment. Unfortunately you have the fantastical idea that by “going green ” immediately; switching to wind, solar or whatever phantom solution is being peddled and at the same time cutting fossil fuel and ignoring nuclear we’ll solve all our problems.
    That is impossible and destructive. Our world depends on the plentiful, reliable and cheap source of energy that is currently provided by fossil fuels. We will need to have fossil fuel as the main supply for many years. I’m in the business and have solar projects I quote. I sell to the power transmission and distribution grid. I know many of the challenges faced to convert and how long and how expensive it will be. I also know wind and solar are no where close to have the ability to provide the dense, reliable and cheap power we need. Our distribution and transmission grid needs major changes to accommodate distributed power generation. it’s not just wires either. You need something to provide voltage stability and Var correction supplied by big power generation units
    If you want to learn a bit I’ll be happy to discuss it with you offline. It’s a fairly complex subject.
    Basically if you really want to take the long term sustainability path embrace combined cycle national gas’s and nuclear generation as a base. You also need to support continued investment in oil & gas exploration and development. Only by replacing supply do you keep prices low (supply and demand). Simplistic answers are for simpletons.

KyleK likes this.