The Big 12

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by shane0911, Aug 23, 2016.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

What a complete mess. They are frantic up here trying to save this thing.

When I say they I mean schools not named Texas or Oklahoma. They are talking about adding not 2 but possibly 4 teams. BYU being the big fish. The others that I've heard mentioned are Houston, Tulsa, Memphis, Cincinnati, UNLV, S. Miss, Ark, LSU, W. Ky, I mean it's grab ass central.

At the heart of all this is that OU has recognized that this thing is on borrowed time and I fully believe they eventually land in the SEC. Who they bring with them is the big what if?

I don't hear a lot of chatter about it nationally which is why I brought it up.

Thoughts?

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

There is nobody they can bring in that will bring in the $$$$$. Houston is the obvious choice because they were good for a year but really, there are more LSU fans living in Houston than there are Houston fans. Not to mention all the Aggie and Longhorn fans. Cincinnati? Ohio State already owns the eyeballs in Cincy. BYU? Near enough to Salt Lake to bring in a few viewers but the multiple wife guys won't play on Sundays. Not really a problem for football but a deal breaker with all the other sports.
    Memphis- meh, Central Florida?, Their fans are the leftovers from fans of the Gaytors, Criminoles and tha U. Connecticut? Yeah, the New York metroplex is going to follow the dribbling Lady Dogs??? Gimme a break!

They are already closing the lid on the Big 12 coffin but they're too dumb to know they are already dead. LSU? First I've heard of that. Are they going to make Texas give LSU all their money? Even that might not work. The SEC would take the Sooners in a heartbeat but who else? Obvious choice is Texas be we all know they wouldn't be reasonable when it came to how the money would be split. Okie Light? What possible benefit would they bring to the SEC. SEC give them a full share of the revenue? No fucking way. I could see bringing in Kansas for their basketball but that ain't gonna happen. And with 16 teams how would the schedule work. 14 is already too many. They only play non-divisional non permanent opponents about once ever 8 years.

Only team that could save the Big 12 is Notre Dame. If they ever got into serious discussions about that I hope the fight between Texas and Notre Dame officials is televised

3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Central Fl, USF, Rice, Boise St all on the list. It is completely insane. It's a cash grab and I am pretty sure OU wants no part of it as they see the writing on the wall and want out.

Also pretty sure if/when they do they will try to bring Okie lite with them. Texass will probably go indy or to the PAC