The bizarre Jonathan Martin/Richie Incognito story (Miami Dolphins)

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by islstl, Nov 4, 2013.

1. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

I, personally, leave the family out of it. Come at me, not my fam. I would only bring family into it in response, like the one we're talking about. Gotta know some of the "unwritten rules" for sure. Best not to do it unless you're really comfortable with someone. My best friend can rip on me, but if I don't know you or like you, the response will be much different.

2. wjray

wjray .-.. ..- -.- .

That is absolutely true. I was in my hometown yesterday dealing with some stuff with my mom's succession and ran into an old buddy of mine. This is a guy I got into a fight with in first grade, we played Little League baseball and KC basketball together, he was the equipment manager when I played high school ball. I mean, we've known each other for 40+ years. (Holy shit; I'm old!)

After the obligatory condolences for my mom and asking about each other's wife and kids, the first words out of his mouth were, "So, I see you're as ugly as ever, you bean-pole looking motherfucker." To which I responded, "I see you're still as fat as ever, Lupus." (It's a nickname he picked up after we saw The Bad News Bears and tried to stuff him in a garbage can at the baseball park.)

Take that exchange out of context and someone could conclude we were bullying each other. The fact of the matter is that we're just a couple of guys and that's what we do. It's like the saying, "Guys insult each other and don't mean it. Women compliment each other and don't mean it."

3. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

4. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  6. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

So, you are equating a highly respected employment attorney for a large company w/a quintessential personal injury attorney? I'm no lawyer, but you clearly need to do your homework before commenting on something you apparently are not well versed.

If your father was a doctor, and knew you were being misdiagnosed/mistreated, would you not accept his advice? Would you not seek his insight and direction? Would you not lean on someone you trust who happens to be an expert in the field?

7. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

Thank gawd, all I needed to know