The bottom line

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by FLTiger, Nov 27, 2010.

1. FLTiger

FLTiger Founding Member

I am proud of the way my team played this year but it makes me sick that we left a Sugar Bowl invitation on the field in Little Rock.

The bottom line is once again Les and our OC did not have a strategy at the end of a game and Les "locked up" when he needed to be a leader.

We run a base defense with 6 seconds left in the 1st half and give up a TD. Next, we get down inside their 20 yard line with over 4 minutes left in the game needing a TD, 2 point conversion, and field goal to tie, and we waste two minutes and our time outs just to get a field goal. We could have run 3-4 more plays in the two minutes we wasted, kept our timeouts, and still got the field goal.

I tip my hat to Arkansas, they out hit and tackled us today. That long drive Arkansas had in the 4th quarter was, "I am gonna kick your A$$ and there is nothing you can do about it" type of drive that gets you invited to the BCS bowls on New Years day.

2. 100%TigerBred

100%TigerBred Founding Member

everybody talks sugar bowl, like it was a done deal. you do realize that the seccg still has to be played.

3. FLTiger

FLTiger Founding Member

Care to bet that the winner of LSU/Arkansas doesn't play in the Sugar Bowl?

4. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

And everybody acts like the Sugar Bowl is any better than the Cotton Bowl or Capital One at this point. Hawaii and Cincinnati have played in that bowl in the last few years, is it really that prestigious anymore?

Much rather play Oklahoma, Oklahoma State or Nebraska in the Cotton than have to play Pitt or WVU in a rematch in New Orleans. But that's just me.

I'm pissed we lost, but the Sugar Bowl ain't what it used to be. If we're not in the national championship, I don't really care about the BCS ... I just want a good bowl match up at this point. Without playoffs, it's all one can hope for.

Still a hell of a season and I'm proud of the team.

5. paducahmichael

paducahmichael Tiger Band Class of '73

+1 :geaux:

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Maybe because it is a BCS bowl and pays out four to five times what those bowls pay out.

7. 100%TigerBred

100%TigerBred Founding Member

i think they will if Aubie beats SC, but that has to be done. Their 1st game was close and SC could of won at auburn. So anything can happen. I would say it is a 75% chance but far from a done deal.

8. danthetigerfan

danthetigerfan Founding Member

If Auburn wins. Where will USCe go?

9. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the SEC splits all the BCS revenue evenly right? There's going to be 26 million to divide up 12 ways no matter who goes to the Sugar.

If it wasn't us, it'd be Arkansas. If South Carolina beats Auburn, it'll be them two. Either way, LSU gets paid the same.

Again, I'd much rather go somewhere new and not have to play the Big East champion.

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Actually its 13 ways, the playing team gets two shares of its bowl payout instead of one.

Well, LSU will never accept a lower bowl game. Prestige and money.

1 person likes this.