The bottom line

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by FLTiger, Nov 27, 2010.

1. kluke

kluke Founding Member

You did watch the game before you wrote this, Right? This loss was on the "D" much more than the "O". The last play of the half was real bad, and that's on Chief and the "D" players not Les, and the other long play was bad execution also. Then when it counted they couldn't stop the run.

I'm not saying fire the defensive staff or anything like that, I'm just saying what I saw. It's been a great season and much more than anyone honestly expected. The defense has been great and I'm not second guessing anyone, but both losses were more about the inability to stop running games against Ark and Aub than the offense ineptitude.

2. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

I stand corrected. And no we would never turn down a Sugar Bowl berth, but in my eyes, Cotton and Cap One became equal the day they added the extra BCS championship game of the year and diluted the big four.

3. 100%TigerBred

100%TigerBred Founding Member

not a bcs bowl game thats for sure.

4. FLTiger

FLTiger Founding Member

The Sugar Bowl is traditionally the SEC Champs bowl and was until the BCS came along. I would rather LSU play in the Sugar Bowl where our fans do not have to travel so far. Playing in the Sugar Bowl is more prestigious than the Cotton; I don't think anyone can argue that. I hope this A$$ whippin by Arkansas is on our players' minds and they come into Dallas with a chip on their shoulder. I think LSU is likely to get Oklahoma, Nebraska, or Texas A&M in the Cotton Bowl and those are all good teams.

5. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Dude all sec teams get the same money from bowls. It doesn't matter the payout. We all split it

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Not to the team, amigo. Dallas is freezing in January and there is nothing special to do there-- go to Neiman Marcus or a rodeo?, Maybe a Mavericks game?

Orlando is a warm resort with lots to see and do . . . Disney World, Epcot, Sea World, Cape Canaveral, Universal Studios, the beaches, the girls . . .

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Dude, keep reading. All things are not equal.

8. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

I also thought all of the money was thrown in the pot and distributed evenly. So if we go to the Outback Bowl, we get 2 shares of the payout for that bowl only versus one?

9. Jack Russell

Jack Russell Veteran Member

So, what do you do in NOLA in January? And where are all the beaches in Orlando?

10. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

I have to disagree with you. Auburn beats SC and Arky goes to the Sugar. LSU will likely go to the Captial One.