The bottomline on this Tiger team is they are young and lack scorers

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by WestCoastTiger, Feb 19, 2004.

1. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

yea, and we have two (or four depending on how you look at it) freshmen that are making big contributions. but they are not as good or as consistent as other older players with similar talent.

2. timmyt

timmyt Founding Member

I think Brady is playing Half Court ball with a full court team. "If" he would let them run they would be very good , Just my opinion.
    Kinda like restrictor plate basket ball. Turn'em loose . I persnonally
    dont see how he gets the kind of players he gets with the offence he runs, not a knock just my opinion.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Maybe he needs to recruit Little E and Michael Waltrip.

4. timmyt

timmyt Founding Member

lol, thats pretty good

5. Jeffinbama

Jeffinbama Founding Member

ok.. i hate to use this analogy but I will.. Anyone remember the FLA game in football??? Saban said all week till he was blue in the face that FLA is a dangerous team and we couldn't just show up and win. They had been beaten at home by ole piss for gosh sakes.. they can't be worth a crap.. so on and so forth. We also had significant injuries going into that game. Our players were very full of themselves after some nice victories.. We get our butts handed to us by the Gators. Speed forward to last night...

I am sure that our players and fans read that Auburn aint worth a crap..myself included.. so on and so forth..Easy win.. 8-4 in the league.. top 20 in both polls.. no problem beating the Aubs that returned almost all of their sweet 16 team... Brady tries to get these players motivated .. our guys are beat up.. feeling really good about themselves and we lay a friggin egg..

These are 18-20 year old kids that had just beat FLA on the road and figured they could just waltz into here and show up and win.. It showed and Auburn with their backs to the wall similar to the Football Gators.. kicked our butts... In the SEC.. there are no Gimmies.. just ask Kentucky that got beat twice by a 4-7 GA team.. We are lucky in Basketball that 3 or 4 loses don't kill you... This team will either respond to task ahead of them and possibly overachieve this year.. or fade into mediocrity. My guess is that it will be something in between.

6. Jeffinbama

Jeffinbama Founding Member

I have just done it taking all the rosters in the SEC.. senior =4, Jr =3, Soph= 2 and Freshman =1.. LSU has the lowest score in the SEC.. we are the youngest team in the SEC.. it is not a cop out but a fact. I do say however that by now.. freshman are no longer freshman and should be playing more like Sophmores.. In the last few games.. AUB not included.. I think most will say our Freshman have come light years from December games.

7. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

You must be kiddin Sourdough. You dont agree that this is a young team?
    Of course freshman make contributions in all college sports. Thats just what it is, contributions. Very few come in and become instant stars. This team will be fine in the future. We just need a couple shooters outside the 3 line, a la D. Redden, R. Blanton etc...

8. friday

friday Founding Member

hudson's not a freshman...

but he sure acts like one. he needs to find some balls and start shooting the ball. he passes on a lot of open shots. when teams are in a zone, you need to shoot when you get an open look 'cause you might not get another.

9. WestCoastTiger

WestCoastTiger Founding Member

Look out.

Brady we need to stop this slide. We get Miss St and Kentucky this week.

10. LSUfan636

LSUfan636 Founding Member

I hope Jamie gets well quick!!!!! Tonight was just horrible!!!