The bottomline on this Tiger team is they are young and lack scorers

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by WestCoastTiger, Feb 19, 2004.

1. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

What I meant to say is the freshman don't have the impact of other freshman in this league or they aren't put in a postion to
    have an impact on the game like Nick can do with his freshman.

In other words Bradys freshman don't contribute like Sabans.

You don't want to talk football vs basketball but thier is NO difference than freshman contributing and being successful
    in the sport they play.

The only difference is the coach, attitude and knowledge.

About your football analogy, I disagree....
    With the offensive line we had he would still be able to have 100
    yard games with a different QB.
    There have been teams that did nothing but run the ball and be
    successful and win.
    I bet our team could've done it last year with the defense we had.

To win with that kind of offense you have to have 1 of the best defenses in the country.

Alabama won the championship by your scenario in 93 or whatever year it was.

2. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

There is no way that would happen if the other team was putting 9 defensive guys in the box. No way, no how. We would likely throw for 300 yards but if a team wants to take away the run they can. It will just be at a sacrifice in another area of the game.

... Much like post play in basketball. If a team wants to take that area away, they can double team every single time it goes into the post and there isn't much you can do but pass it out. Maybe Brady should have been prepared for the double teams and designed some kick outs.

Never the less, I find it very hard for anyone to be disappointed with Brandon Bass' play this season as a whole. Every player has bad games from time to time, and Bass had two in a row. Is that reason to say that he hasn't been a contributor to the team... NO.

Bass will likely be freshman of the year in the conference... I don't know what more we can ask.

3. WestCoastTiger

WestCoastTiger Founding Member

Well, more time has passed an unfortunately this Tiger basketball season ending was easy to predict. I said they would lose 5 of their last 6 games. I was wrong. It was 7 of their last 8. I think Lloreda had something to do with it but he only missed the last 3.

I still contend this team will be in the sweet 16 next year. The future is bright.

4. WestCoastTiger

WestCoastTiger Founding Member

By the way crawfish, you can use that crystal ball now.

5. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

the bottomline is we will be young down low next year and lack scorers :D