The Brady issue rehatched

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mesquite tiger, Mar 26, 2004.

1. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

I figured we're Tigers, but the product he puts on the court makes us look more like Kittens...but, then again...Point taken...

Just trying to keep things fresh...

2. TigerEducated

Martin, trust me, the "fancy feast" you rave over would get 99.999% of coach's fired, except for, inexplicably, Brady...

Though I think his continued retention has more to do with the consistent problems with contractural decisions LSU's Athletic Department Administration exhibits and the departure of our Chancellor than it does with the "Fancy Famine" we've seen scattered onto the court the past 7 years...

Getting screwed into the floor to the tune of a one-time, lump sum buyout number of upwards of four million dollars, as opposed to seeing us getting our asses handed to us on the court and seeing him wilt under the pressure and cook his own goose (how are these for anologies?) doesn't make sense...

We've stomached his droppings for the last few years...what's one or two more when we're putting 15 million into the "AD kitty" between this year and next...

We'll be rid of him soon enough...What would REALLY be great is if we canned him after Tasmin, then retained Butch with the next coach...Kind of like the way Sam Nader hangs around each coaching change like some kind of J. Edgar Hoover (as in he must have dirt on EVERYONE)...

3. Tiger1958

Tiger1958 Founding Member

"I don't know why people want to not like coach Brady," Lloreda said. "I think he's a good coach. We won a lot of games together. I didn't always agree with him, but we both wanted to win. I left because of nothing to do with coach Brady. I was worried about myself and my future. We were doing great this season. We were winning. I just went down. I had no wheels the last couple of games. And my team was focused on what I could do in the game all the time. I just went down."

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/lsu/html/0B74D3ED-7BFE-4C16-804B-EECAD1B23289.shtml

4. TigerEducated

That quote tells me...

Brady does not get along with his top players, and does not make enough effort to do so (he recruited, then spent two years with the guy)...

Brady recruits selfish players and is a terrible judge of character...

Brady will allow sheer physical talent to outweigh his opinions on prospective recruits and their character...

Brady puts the weight of the world one player and has NO backup plan in case of injury (You'd think his 2001 experience with B-Water and Lamont's knees, or Collis' injury in '02 would teach him)...

Brady has to have former player's he's dropped rumors and innuendo to leak out about contact with agents defend him post facto...

Brady has poor teaching techniques when it comes to educating players about teammwork, selflessness, unselfishness, cohesiveness in a unit, dealing with adversity, planning, and coexisting with differing opinions and most important, flexibility...

But, then again, maybe it's just me...

5. col reb

col reb Founding Member

Put in your resume or shut up! Brady knows more about basketball than most of you know about your wife. Give him one more year. By that time, OM will probably be looking for a coach. Just like Cholly Mac! I used to hope you guys would run him straight to OM. But C.Mac was financialy secure and loved DA TIGERS too much to even consider that.

6. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I don't believe anything Jaime says, he's lost creditility with me because he
    walked out on his team when things got rough.
    At least if he couldn't play, he should have stayed with the team and supported them instead of walking out on them.

7. Tigerskin

Tigerskin Founding Member

Jaime is just trying to get

back in good graces with everyone before the draft. I am sure is agent is encouraging all this nice guy and "team" stuff.

8. diehardLSUfan

diehardLSUfan Founding Member

Oh come on now, don't you know we live in a generation of extremely ungrateful kids? How dare LSU pay for Jaime Lloreda's education and living expenses and expect the kid to at least hold off till 1-2 more games to go do his thing. The nerve! :cuss:

9. Tiger1958

Tiger1958 Founding Member

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

You are making points for Brady while feebly attempting to besmirch the man.
    Gottfried was fortunate to lose his impact player early in the season and was able to salvage it after Shelton returned. Brady had a great season going with his impact player until he went down late in the season. There was no time to recover. Brady was a victim of bad timing. As far as the broken jaw thing, what's the point of constantly bringing that up? You are the only one on this entire board who ever mentions that incident. In the grand scheme of things, that was a hiccup. It meant nothing, but you seem to feel that it was the defining moment of the last decade. Wait, make that the last couple of years since you were only 14 a decade ago. And as far as the adultery crap. Why do you consistently bring that up? Was he porking your Mom?