The call to Michigan...OR...Les's Real Dream Job

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Jester, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Jester

Jester Founding Member

Let me first start off by saying that I have been and will likely always be a Miles supporter, as long as he is at LSU.

I know that a lot of us have a biased perspective when it comes to this whole situation, but I do think its ironic that many of the negatigers and Miles naysayers are finally realizing how great of a coach and a person that Miles is. Being the best coach in LSU history wasn't enough, and as long as the media and other fanbases are bashing him/us, then lets join in the attack, but suddenly when they see he is wanted and there is a chance he might be gone, its a big "Oh ****!!!"

The only thing that I really have to say about it is that even though there has been a very vocal minority that does, or did, not approve of Miles, MOST LSU fans, and the players, love him. He's a great coach, has huge brass balls and makes game decisions with confidence, is a top-5 recruiter, and our players love him like a family member and have a WANT to play hard and win, for him.

I can understand the pull of your dream job. I can see wanting to go back and build, and now help, the program that you played in and first coached in. However, while Miles may be a "Michigan Man", he has a chance to build a dynasty here at LSU and become an "LSU Man"........and I think that is a good thing. Many coaches who built dynasties didn't do it at their alma mater and they are remembered for their success associated with that school, not the other one. I think Les has a big decision to make, but in my mind, its not as difficult as some make it out to be.......go home to Michigan and "maybe" have some success, but more likely flounder for a few years and have his alma mater fanbase turn against him.........OR, continue building on the tradition of success at LSU, win more SEC and national championships, and build a legacy to be proud of at a great school, in a great state..........and become his own Bo Schem for a new generation of players and coaches.

Thats my piece..........and you?

2. Herb

Herb Founding Member

I challenge anyone to show me a verifiable quote by Les Miles that Michigan is his dream job.

This whole "dream job" stuff I think is an invention of the media and fans.

Please prove me wrong.

3. alfredeneuman

alfredeneuman Founding Member

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

dream job was a fact and likely still is his dream job. not just hearsay. les makes it clear thats why its in his contract about UM.

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Correct

6. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Well maybe it is but here's a lot of evidence that says they have reason to, wouldn't you agree?

>Miles to glory - Uweekly - Columbus, OH<

>Opening at Michigan brings LSU's Miles to tears - USATODAY.com<

>LSU Extends Les Miles' Contract To 2012 - NewsChannel5.com | Nashville News, Weather & Sports<

>College football contracts are dotted with extras and provisions - USATODAY.com<

7. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

They are not paying LSU 1.25 million and Les Miles 4 million per year.

That just isn't in the cards.

Mr. Hoke, come on down and accept your 2.4 million per.

8. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

Michigan fans are just as impatient as fans anywhere. Miles wouldn't be able to turn that team around immediately and the fans wouldn't give him long. I'm not sure how the recruiting fields are in the northern tundra either. He's got a dynasty built to last here. Saban realized his mistake after he left. It was fortunate that he was able to land in another dynasty land like Alabama after his failure in Miami. He just had to lie and sell out to get back there. Miles would be foolish to leave.