"The Catch"-- Should be "The Call"

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by pensacola, Feb 20, 2005.

1. Aubie16

Aubie16 Founding Member

Ok I'm not even going to try to respond to BB because he just said Auburn sucks and gave no reasons as to why we are worse academically. In fact, we are better in quite a few of those statistics you gave for LSU.

Might want to check your history Pensacola. The all-time series history stands at...

LSU 20-18-1 ----to me that does not equal "assuming" you will beat us.

In fact, in series history we have outscored you 568 to 522.

In the last 11 games...we hold a 6-5 series edge.

Not sure I would chalk up victories in a series like that very far in advance!

2. chardouin

chardouin Freshman

Well Aubie, Here is a better record 2 Sec Championships and one National Championship in the past four years for LSU. Here is your record one sec championship and and a sugar bowl victory. Congrats on that sec championship and sugar bowl win. No :crystal: for you! :champs: :bncry: :geauxtige

3. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Pensacola, I don't konw when you grew up but I've been a fan for many years and I've never known any LSU fan that assumed a win vs Auburn. The series has been pretty tight with us going on in the 70's when we didn't play them all the time but beat them like 5 times in a row, them going on a run in the mid 90's when they won like 4 in a row. Now we may have been looking forward to playing them more than Bama, heck we looked forward to playing every team more than Bama.

4. BB

BB Founding Member

Auburn sucks. It sucks - plain and simple. IMO, Auburn belongs in the ACC with Miami and FSU. If I could get rid of one SEC school it would be Auburn by a long shot. Everyone hates Auburn.

Auburn is, literally, a freaking cow pasture. Everyone in Auburn drives the exact same Chevy truck and sports the same damn haircut. On gameday, people discuss one of 3 things: their Chevy truck that everyone has, NASCAR, or hunting - why, for just one afternoon, can't they talk about football or anything else? Auburn is the ONLY SEC college town that completely sucks ass. Auburn is totally devoid of any culture, character, flavor, or uniqueness. There is no classic feel to it like there is in Athens, Oxford, Columbia, Baton Rouge, or Tuscaloosa. The place really sucks.

Auburn plays second fiddle to Alabama in everyone else's mind. Auburn doesn't traditionally dominate any sport. The 64 mascots really pisses everyone off. Auburn is the SEC's little brother who always wants to play with the big kids. We all hate you!

Your most well known "tradition" is a bunch of toothless hicks hurling toilet paper into a tree. NEWS FLASH: doing what I did in high school before I got my driver's license is not fun - and it's without question the lamest "tradition" in all of sports.

Your fans bitch, whine, and lie at every turn, every year. Your administration is a complete joke. Your football coach is a disgrace to the SEC and all of the coaches past and present. The band incident, the logo stomping, the cigars - all you dopes can say in response is, "Why can't you let it go and get over it?" We can't get over it because we love this conference and it's rich traditions and we don't appreciate thugs leading young men on the field of play - take that garbage to the ACC.

You failed twice in representing the SEC against USC. You got smoked at home after being pre-season #1. Then you got in bed with the Trojan fans to spite LSU. Everyone hates Auburn!

AUBURN IS BUSH LEAGUE!

Auburn is second rate.

EVERYONE HATES AUBURN! If you don't believe me, ask around...

5. Proud Tiger

Proud Tiger Founding Member

I just made a few calls. I found out some folks in Dallas have no problem with Auburn but seem to have some problems with LSU (see today's Dallas Morning News. I found the similar situation in Los Angeles although I think you already know that :hihi: :hihi:

6. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

7. BB

BB Founding Member

8. Proud Tiger

cajdav...good points. In fact the FB statistics are interesting (everything from the NCAA website):

All time W/L record: LSU 63.1%, Auburn 62.0% pretty much a dead heat.

In the 1990s: Auburn 72-40-1 (63.9%) LSU 54-58-1 (48.2%) The 90s weren't very kind to you.

In the 2000s: LSU 34-13 (74%) Auburn 33-18 (64%) The 2000s have been better for you but not to shabby for us.

The NCAA records are interesting when it comes to the old NC thing. While the NCAA doesn't recognize a NC in Div. I FB, they do show a listing of the all time NCs by various orrganizations. They show LSU has 5 and Auburn 4. So I guess we have both been shortchanging ourselves :) :)

9. Proud Tiger

MT and BB.....two guys made for each other :hihi: :hihi:

10. BB

BB Founding Member

CTT and WT... a match made in Alabama.

[​IMG]