"The Catch"-- Should be "The Call"

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by pensacola, Feb 20, 2005.

1. AuNuma1

AuNuma1 Founding Member

Yeah, beating the #3 or #4 ranked team in the nation, fresh off a championship season, in a heart-stopping game at home...yeah no big deal. :dis:

Extremely lame...yet completely typical. :thumb:

[​IMG]

2. Aubie16

Aubie16 Founding Member

Well I did that, because I was curious if everybody hated us as much as you do. Apparently it is just LSU that feels this way. Which I understand because we are one of your biggest rivals.

So to get an opinion from a neutral source that is not rivals with either one of us...I asked a Tennesee messsage board. These were the results...

Which school do you hate the most?
    Ole Miss [ 1 ] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [8.33%]
    Auburn [ 0 ] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [0.00%]
    LSU [ 5 ] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [41.67%]
    Miss. St. [ 0 ] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [0.00%]
    Kentucky [ 1 ] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [8.33%]
    Vanderbilt [ 2 ] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [16.67%]
    South Carolina [ 3 ] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [25.00%]
    Arkansas [ 0 ] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [0.00%]

I left out Bama, Florida and Georgia because I knew nobody else would get votes, and I wanted to compare Auburn and LSU...

I'll gladly do it at another SEC school of your choice if you would like me to :thumb:

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

overwhelming results. im sold. Im sure none were AU fans. thats pretty weak. who needs a poll to know auburn sucks? only those in auburn in denial.

4. JVincent25

JVincent25 Founding Member

If you want to paint a picture over a regular season game, then go for it. Expectations are much higher here. Haven fun being mediocre again!

5. TheDrunkenTiger

TheDrunkenTiger Founding Member

So anybody would be surprised by (supposed) Tennesee fans hating us the most, when in our last football meeting we beat them out of an SEC championship and an appearance in the national championship game? I know Im not surprised at all. Besides anybody who hasnt been to Auburn cant possibly grasp how obnoxious their fans can be.

6. BB

BB Founding Member

A Scientific Barner Poll - Typical Auburn suckness...

Just tonight during the LSU / Alabama game, ESPN U aired a commercial that showed an old man in an Auburn sweatshirt fall down and an old man in an Alabama hat laughing at him - I hope he died. Everyone hates you...

Your school sucks. Your programs suck. Your town sucks. Your "traditions" suck. Auburn sucks all the way around.

This is not a joke and it's not a rivalry issue - YOU SUCK! Everything about Auburn sucks - even the unborn children who will one day be Auburn fans suck, and I hate them too...

Remember this? The classy Auburn students at a costume party:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. BB

BB Founding Member

8. pensacola

pensacola Founding Member

My point is:

Most LSU fans have fealt that we would beat Auburn each year. What other SEC team have we scheduled for homecoming twice? Going into each season, most fans would put it more likely than not that LSU beats Auburn- maybe 60/40 or so- by no means a sure thing- but a win none the less when forced to pick. I agree that we don't have a huge series lead, but we EXPECT to beat Auburn. We don't expect to beat UK in basketball, but it aggravates us if we lose to Auburn in football.

9. AuNuma1

AuNuma1 Founding Member

So now the LSU/Auburn game is just a meaningless "regular season" game? Cool, I'll remember that one should LSU beat Auburn next time...friggin idiot. :dis:

10. TheDrunkenTiger

TheDrunkenTiger Founding Member

I believe that what hes trying to say is that we are not going to glorify a play in the regular season as though it were the SEC or NC game.