The Clintons and pay for play

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Tiger Exile, Apr 23, 2015.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

That dude is right of Neptune

Bengal B likes this.
  2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

That dude is behind Uranus.

3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Well duh, if he is past Neptune...C'mon Amigo that is 3rd grade stuff

LSUpride123 likes this.
  4. red55

I am always amused when someone tries to tell me what I think or what I stand for. How unwise is that?

I've voted for a lot of republicans, just not many recently because they have moved so far away from the middle. Of course, I don't have many conservative stances. I'm not a conservative. I don't have many liberal stances either. It just looks that way from your poor perspective out there in right field. You cannot distinguish between moderates and liberals.

My politics are driven by policies I perceive to be pragmatic, well-balanced, smart, and equitable . . . or the lack thereof. Some of them are further right--gun control, military power, crime, etc. Some of them are further left--abortion, civil liberty, weed, etc. But most are moderate positions--foreign policy, economics, taxes, geopolitics, science, etc. That does not always mean centrist. The band of moderates on the political spectrum is broad and extends into the right and left. Moderates feel free to move around in the moderate band more than conservatives and liberals do. We aren't all clustered in the exact middle. There is no fence to sit on. Rather there is a political road that we walk on. Moderates walk on the pavement, Liberals and Conservatives walk on the shoulder or in the ditch. The radicals are out there walking in the pastures.

I've been voting for 42 years. There have been decades that I shifted right and decades I shifted left, but never out of the range of what I consider to be practical and sensible. Both conservatives and liberals are plagued by people out there on the radical extremes. There can be no radical moderates. We are flexible on the issues and do not have to march in lock step with a party, a tea party, or whatever herd mentality rules the day. Moderates are very much a loose group of very individual people which may be why you find it difficult to distinguish us. Most Americans describe themselves as moderate, so it is definitely not the black & white political world that you imagine. There are many shades of gray and those grayest of people are mostly independent moderates who have a broad range of ideas.

And no, I will not argue my personal politics with you. I just told them to you. Remember and try to accept it. There will be a test.

5. red55

Well, I wanted Bengal B to be able to grasp the sarcasm, but I don't think either of you Goobers did.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Perhaps a laxative would alleviate your Uranus problems. Could turn you into a regular guy.

7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

You always do this. You lash out at me for assuming about you then you turn around and assume about me.....

STOP!

Dude, I have absolutely read where you stated you would not look at a candidate because of the R next to their name. How moderate is that?

FWIW, i never claimed you as some radical, just that you are more left than you lead us to believe.

Here is the thing. If the right has shifted so far that you cannot follow anything they do then yes, you are apart of the new left.

Quite frankly, there is little to no middle ground left in this country. I don't think there are any middle positions left in this country. At least none that a politician can take. Each party makes you pick a side and live or die by it.

8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

God Damnit stay classy.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

upload_2015-4-25_1-33-30.jpeg j

gyver likes this.
  10. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

"Bill Clinton was planning a charity trip to Latin America and needed a big plane.

For Frank Giustra, who had never met the former president, this was an opportunity. The Canadian mining magnate and onetime Hollywood studio owner stepped up to let the former president borrow his luxurious passenger jet. There was just one condition: Giustra would come along for the ride.

That 2005 trip was the start of an intense, mutually beneficial friendship — one that has helped propel the Clinton Foundation into a global giant and established Giustra’s reputation as an international philanthropist while helping him build connections in countries where his business was expanding.

Giustra has since committed more than $100 million to the work of the Clinton Foundation, becoming one of the largest individual donors to the family’s charities....Giustra, whose eclectic business interests include founding Lionsgate Entertainment and investing in gold mines and an olive oil company, has come to symbolize a relatively new but substantial category of Clinton backers: foreign donors who are not legally eligible to contribute to U.S. political candidates....

Last week, the Clinton Foundation acknowledged that an affiliated Canadian charity founded in 2007 by Giustra kept its donors secret, despite a 2008 ethics agreement with the Obama administration promising to reveal the New York-based foundation’s donors.

The foundation said the arrangement conformed with Canadian law. But it also opened a way for anonymous donors, including foreign executives with business pending before the Hillary Clinton-led State Department, to direct money to the Clinton Foundation"

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ion-donor-from-canada/ar-BBj80GD?ocid=DELLDHP