The clock management is what it is

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Oct 9, 2010.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

There's no explanation for it. We win in spite of the lack of it.

Les Miles is who he is.

Obviously we can question how things were handled in both the end of the first half and that totally bizarre series of events in the last 1:20 of play. Totally bizarro world we're living in.

At least he had his team ready to play and for that I give him an immense amount of credit.

1 person likes this.
  2. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

It was a great victory but Les has no idea what he is doing, he is by far the luckiest dog I have ever seen in my life.

This was different then last week, this was a great team victory. I will give Les a pass on this one.

3. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

It was better this week.

But a funny thing: I used the exact same term as you did while watching the game. I was checking the hat on every sideline shot. I wanted to see if it cut correctly because I was certain that Bizarro Les Miles was coaching our team. I hope je stays.

4. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I was glad to see him be aggressive and get some points instead of settling with the lead we had, as he's done so often.

5. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Guys, just go eat your dinner and hush. How do you manage the clock better than scoring with 6 seconds left?? WTF?? Unreal.

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Yeah you're left wondering just like the Tennessee game, but nowhere near as frustrated.

We dominated this game from beginning to end and deserved to win. Unfortunately we kept them in the game and had to come down to a nail biter.

7. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I said as much in the chat room when it was happening....couldn't believe we let 30 seconds run off the clock before calling the time out. But here's the thing.....regardless of how it was used, if we get down to the 3 yard line with enough time to take 2 shots in the end zone, get the score and leave the opponent just 6 seconds to work with, is it poor clock management.

Its not how you drive, its how you arrive.

8. kcal

kcal Founding Member

i'm sure he'll sleep better tonight knowing that

9. ozarkbengal

ozarkbengal Founding Member

Them being in the game had nothing to do with clock management. Our tunovers and their short field situations kept them in it. Seems like running the clock down and scoring with little time left on the clock should be the goal. Worked out this week perty good.

10. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Yep -- those 2 turnovers giving them a short field, and then the KO return.

Otherwise -- a lot of positives -- The D looked great again for the most part, and we put up 386 yards on offense. Glad to see Lee finding success.

:geauxtige