The clock management is what it is

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Oct 9, 2010.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Well obviously you're not particular about how you control the clock.

Nobody in their right mind could foresee a quick slant pass from the 31 yard line down to the 3. Nobody.

Les Miles indicated they wanted to have a few more plays to try and score. Well you obviously don't run the clock from 1:20 down to 37 seconds to try a fake FG so that you can try to get a TD afterwards. You call the timeout with 1:20 and then try for it on 4th (the fake FG was crazy, btw and obviously very lucky). So if you convert on that, you still have a little over a minute to play. Perfect amount of time from the 31 yard line with no timeouts to get a TD and leave them with little time remaining.

As someone said, we got there and I guess that's all that counts. It was just the wildest route that Google Maps couldn't even provide.

2. Rex C.

Rex C. member

Mighty big of you.

3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Props for the man moment......

You are truly a man of your word....

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

It certainly is.

5. roynav

roynav free your mind

I'm sure your thank you card from Les will be arriving any day.

6. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

GREAT clock management....GREAT play calling.

1 person likes this.
  7. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

He still had some Homer Simpson moments but it was much better. Much much better offensive game plan although he is the only person in the country that thinks JJ should be the starter. Really really need to stop shooting themselves in the foot with major stupid penalties and turn overs. LSU dominated everywhere but the scoreboard. Someone take the 2pt chart from Miles. Give it back to him once there is less than 8 min in the game. In the 2nd half let Lee throw the ball before 3rd and long. Only put JJ in the game in goal line situations.

Even with the major mistakes the team and especially the offense looked much better. It's the first time all season you can actually accuse LSU of running an offense. Id like to see what the offense looks like with Lee running the offense for the entire game.

8. Celtic Tiger

Celtic Tiger Tiger Stadium West Dorm

The fact is Les clock managed the end of the game perfectly. 6 sec is not a whole lot of time for the gators.
    :crystal::crystal:Then:miles::crystal::crystal:

1 person likes this.
  9. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

Hey it was a great victory, but saying that was good clock management is going overboard. It was horrible. With that said, just a great victory in spite of what the hell Les is doing. Best LSU game I have seen by a mile since 2007.

Les was about an inch away from calling it quits on that fake FG, Les doesn't make gold records for breakfast, he eats Lucky Charms or even a whole leprechaun. I have not a clue what Les is doing at the end of these games.

I have no idea what card I would send... maybe, "You are one lucky ass mofo".

The team was ready to play and played good, so lets just skip over his clock management decisions for right now and enjoy the victory.

10. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

I find it funny how some can find fault in the game clock management in this game yet, all the write ups I've read thus far are calling Miles' clock management in this game superior. Down to how he handled the end of the first half even.