The Colorado Project

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUTiga, Sep 16, 2023.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Saw a link on ESPN that had the Sanders kid as higher draft stock than Daniels.

That right there is why I hate all of the "Prime" bullshit and make no mistake, it is 100% bullshit. Just because of who his fucking daddy is they are going to print something that freaking ridiculous!

2. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

It's all smoke and mirrors @shane0911. That is the reason I hate when someone with a little talent gets crowned king before they do the work. How many in all sports have been hailed as the second coming only to crash and burn when they had to put in the work. Give me a guy that will work his ass off to stay on top every day over given talent that is lazy. His whole watch thing pissed me off when OL Connor Maclaughlin got steam rolled for throwing it back in his face.

shane0911 likes this.
  3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Oh my goodness. No one crowned him king. Media coverage is proportional to his status as a celebrity.

I made the comparison before, that if Tom Brady, with no coaching experience, wanted to coach, he would get a job and you would t hear the end of it on the news.

Welcome to media……

But Prime Also gets bad media equal to his results so it evens out.

4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Job well done on the media. What some guy on ESPN says doesn’t really mean anything come draft night.

5. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

most people who write about the draft get their info from actual NFL guys, so it's probably true.

that's actually is exact complaint and even left it open ended to include the many times it's happened in the past.

most guys that were elite as players have actually been not very good when transitioning to coaching or front office type roles.
    yet every time one gets a coaching gig, people lose their minds over them and think they'll be awesome at it because they were awesome players. When in reality the guys that typically make it as coaches are the ones that weren't anything special as players.

furduknfish likes this.
  6. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

The Athletic put out a mock draft the other day and had JD going in the top ten. Bad news; they had him going to Tampa Bay. I might have to throw myself under a bus if that happens.

furduknfish and shane0911 like this.
  7. shane0911

Yeah just like Brady Quinn was supposed to go #1

Sure they know

8. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

draft "grade" and where you get drafted don't necessarily correlate to each other.

9. shane0911

Right, so the folks writing the article are not the ones doing the drafting, so I was right

Again

Got it

10. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Without actually doing any research, Id guess most of the former players in coaching are linesman, particularly offense. Think it has alot to do with understanding the plays and what everybody else is doing to work as cohesive unit. The irony of course being most fans think they are the least cerebral.

shane0911 likes this.