The concert thread

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by shane0911, Apr 27, 2014.

1. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Yes, couple dozen times. GREAT outdoor venue with seating and GA uphill grass seating. Situated in kind of a valley so the acoustics are great. I have seen everything from OzzFest to the San Diego Symphony and never a bad experience. Great venue to bring kids with the grass hill. kids can run around and do their thing without getting too far out of sight.

2. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

My only experience with Chula Vista is that my ex-husband was from there and went to Hilltop High in the mid-80's. :)

3. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Yesir, Mule added 20 shows, so it's on!

I have only seen em once but I am eager to see em again. I am thinking about seeing them in LA and then the next night here at home. As I understand it, Mule doesn't repeat their set list so it changes every night. kind of a Dave Mathews/ Grateful Dead thing. Though it is well over 6+ hours of Mule in two days, one can never burn out on some Mule, so I think I am up for a marathon.

Lucky you! CV has actually grown over the last ten years and grown for the good. Cheaper to live down there and so it is a good investment for a lot of military families who cannot afford SD proper.

4. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Yes and no. Depends on where exactly in Chula Vista. We recently spent a weekend there for a soccer tournament and the first field we played had a lovely view of the shacks in TJ. My cell phone seemed to think I had arrived in Mexico. :mad: The rates were ridiculous. We then had a few other games in the nicer/newer area and it was hard to believe the border was so close. Funny thing is the hotel rates I was finding were for $130-175 in CV and ended up getting a last minute deal from Expedia at the Wyndham Bayside for $90.

5. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I was there in 1992 with my ex, and I found this to be true not only of Chula Vista, itself, but also San Diego in general. There were some really nice areas certainly; however, other parts of the city definitely had the border town feel of an El Paso.

6. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Back in 1975, when I was on ship in San Diego, I had a drunk, first class petty officer arrested for throwing bricks at cars on the main street in Chula Vista. I had to go bail him out. He then went UA, and was last seen running down the pier, toward the ship, in the nude, several days later. Navy Alcohol Rehab had a low success rate, I reckon.

StaceyO likes this.
  7. Pintoracer

Pintoracer Somewhere in The Matrix

Powerman 5000 in Tyler, TX on Thanksgiving night. Seriously considering going to that one!

Pink Floyd in 94 Dallas was probably the best concert I ever attended. Heart on the Bebe Le Strange tour was a damn good show.

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I saw The Floyd in 1977 at the LSU Assembly Center (it wasn't even named the PMAC yet). They started by playing the entire Animals album, followed by the entire Wish You Were Here album. The encore was an extended version of Money from Dark Side of the Moon. They were never better.

I was 22 and I remember like it was yesterday.

9. Pintoracer

Pintoracer Somewhere in The Matrix

Oh man!!! I would have loved to catch them at that time! Awesome, I'm sure.

What I remember most from the 94 show was that it was at Irving in Cowboys stadium. It was kinda cool that night and it rained during the show. The lasers they were using had the rain falling through them making the light show that much better! An awesome sight that I'll never forget. Luckily, I didn't get rained on.

10. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

My brother in law saw PF in Dallas just a couple of years ago in Dallas. Roger Waters was with them and they did "The Wall" song for song. He said it was kick ass.

Pintoracer likes this.