The Corn Dog issue explained...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerinAustin, Oct 19, 2007.

1. TigerinAustin

TigerinAustin Founding Member

2. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

That's fine.

ATTENTION ALL LSU TAILGATERS. DO NOT PROVIDE ANY BAUBURN FANS WITH ANY FREE FOOD OR DRINK UNLESS THEY DENOUNCE AUBURN UNIVERSITY AND PLEDGE UNDYING ALLEGIANCE TO LSU.

That is all.

LSU! :crystal: :lsup:

3. paducahmichael

paducahmichael Tiger Band Class of '73

Austin, I don't think that explains anything. I mean, yeah, it does show where it started, but doesn't explain why the author feels that way. Or should I say "smells that way"?

I guess there's worse things to have associated with us than corn dogs, but I still just don't get it. It's just silly.

But, if the Tigers do well tomorrow, maybe everyone should just offer every Auburn fan a corn dog, for remembrance. At least that way there would be a basis for associating LSU with corn dogs. And if properly presented to the Auburn fan, they'd also associate LSU - and corn dogs - with Preparation H.

Now THERE'S a picture for 'ya! :eek:ldskule:

4. TigerinAustin

TigerinAustin Founding Member

I think that's the whole point - that it's just silly. Pretty harmless considering some of the made up flaming and "eye witness" reports you read about in other places.

And I think it would be AWESOME if tailgaters had a stash of corn dogs to offer the barners.

5. smooth99

smooth99 Freshman

From Clay Travis’ SEC tour:

"18. LSU fans do not smell like corndogs. Also, this insult derives from the Big 12. After diligent research, I was able to trace it down to a message board referring to Oklahoma State fans circa 2001. This is a shame. It seems to have derived from an original allegation that Oklahoma State fans were carnies (people who travel around with carnivals, traveling circuses or state fairs). Since people at these events eat lots of corndogs, the greatest college football insult of all time was born here. Then, Auburn fans appropriated it to their own devices. It’s really sad for me to have to report this, but, as always, I ask the hard questions and report the unpopular answers. "

Stupid Aubies can't even make up their own stuff.:lol: :lol:

1 person likes this.
  6. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

I kinda got a little ticked reading that... :hihi:

Anyway, and I may get stoned for asking, but can someone also explain the whole cigar/Tubberville thing? I must have missed the game or whatever it was that started it.

7. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

i am reading dixieland delight now and it is a great book.

whatever the circumstances of its origination, i now eat a corndog for good luck every game day. :grin:

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

ok since ill be away most of the weekend, be sure to find one of ramah's rants on said topic.

hopefully some still linger in another's quotes somewhere. ramah was not fond of this game. and this was before he and his tec 9 buds burnt down their barn.

9. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

I went to the game there in 04...the 10-9 cheating game...and i wasn't offered any food or drink. :(
    i was told by one drunk that i shouldn't be allowed to use their restrooms. one sober AU fan pretty much told him to be quiet. I think he was trying to talk smack, but was too drunk to do it well.
    they did have some gorgeous women, there, though!

10. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

I have alwasy wondered where that came from. I always heard Auburn people say it, but never understood it simply because it didn't make sense. If they had said, "LSU fans smell like nutria" or "LSU fans smell like stale beer and pork rind" then perhaps I might have at least found it amusing.

As it stands, I view the comment like I would currently view a second grader calling me a "poopie-head". It doesn't anger me, nor do I feel insulted.