The DEFENSE deserves its own thread!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by philter, Oct 9, 2004.

1. philter

philter Founding Member

That's right, the defense...the same one I've been saying is not as good as last year. And while I still don't think it is as dynamic as last year, they clearly played the best game of the season.

But for two turnovers which led to nearly unstoppable TDs, the defense held Florida to 7 pts. That is very impressive, especially since our best corner and arguably our best LB was out for the game.

Much props goes to the D for holding UF scoreless in the second half, and coming up BIG on a couple of 'must stop' drives. As good as JA and MR played, they wouldn't have been able to come back had the D not held its ground.

2. ramah

ramah Founding Member

Second Half Shutout ... FLA had ball in LSU territory how many times

Lots of 30 and 40 yard drives ... but LSU Dee stiffened and shut 'em out

Prayers answered ... Amen

3. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Shutting out Fla. in the 2nd half at he Swamp without our shutdown All-American corner is huge. I couldn't be prouder of this team right now. Great heart.

4. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

:lsug: :geaux: :eek:ldskule: :helmet: :eek:ldskule: :tigerhead :tigerhead :lsug: :geaux: :geaux: :geaux: :geaux: :tigerhead :tigerhead :lsug: :lsug: :lsug: WAY to go DEFENSE! :thumb:

5. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Well, while they looked good, they still have WAY too many missed tackles. They need to work on that some more... But they're not bad by any means... it'll all come together.