The Dilemma

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SanAntonioTiger, Jan 13, 2005.

1. SanAntonioTiger

SanAntonioTiger Founding Member

As some of you know my wife and I are both in radio here in San Antonio.

I host a college football show and NFL show on the weekends.

I'm going to get the green light to talk to some of the guys playing in the All-American Bowl Game this week.

So do i try to maintain some professionalism and remain neutral, or do I ambush Ryan and tell him all the reasons why LSU would be a great place to go.

Trade my dream gig for an unproven High school QB?

You be the judge

2. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Ambush him... ;)

Tell him UT is place for dreadlocked dope smokers (Williams, Benson and the latest one)

LSU is a place of Champions (LSU has 2 SEC's and one National to UTs zero) in the last 5 years.

3. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Oh this is easy. Wear UT gear and the berate and belittle him about why he hasn't thrown a TD pass yet at UT, and why he's so overrated. When he explains he hasn't even signed anywhere, just say "Whatever, this is UT. We expect immediate greatness because of our storied history of Cotton Bowl wins. You RP, are no Major Applewhite."

He'll sign at LSU the next day.

4. TSdude

TSdude Founding Member

Don't sacrifice yourself for a HS kid, they are way to wishy washy to blow your dream job on. But being a radio guy myself, I'd definitely try to pin him down as to where he's going. Like asking him if he had to fax in papers today who's fax machine would be ringing Mack Brown's or Les Miles'?

5. olVENICEdog

olVENICEdog Founding Member

Tell him how the job is his. Flynn looks like he has a fragile arm. Russell is not the sharpest tack sticking into the wall. Tell RP that the job is all him. He will come in and shatter every record ever set @ LSU and he has a boatload of flair to work w/. Tell him that historically all black receivers loved the white QB's in the past and they play just as hard for any QB that is out on the field. He would be silly not to come to LSU. Hotter chicks, better fans, better field, better band, better RB's and WR's. I believe if RP comes to LSU Russell and Flynn will transfer. Russell going to Alabama Birmingham and Flynn going to ULALA. Say it ain't so. :helmet: :crystal: :helmet: :crystal: :helmet: :crystal: :helmet: :crystal: :helmet: :crystal: :helmet:

6. Carface

Carface What the...?

Or you could just tell him that us coonasses can understand his weird name.

7. Dirt Dog

Dirt Dog Founding Member

:thumb: :rofl: :thumb: :rofl: :thumb: Show him no mercy!

Reminds me of when Harvey Williams was walking into the gym or where ever at his high school to sign with the Aggies. The band was playing the A&M fight song. He heard it and then changed his mind and became a Tiger.

8. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

OlVenice, what are you talking about? I don't think this argument would be too effective (or appropriate) with RP! :rofl:

9. bubbafong

bubbafong Founding Member

If your job would be in jeopardy by you saying anything to him about LSU, then you shouldn't even think about it. You have a job that you enjoy, and a family to support (at least a wife), so to throw away that over a high school kid would be ridiculous. Let's not forget, the kid may not even turn out to be a great college QB. Just because he's a top rated QB coming out of high doesn't mean he'll be successful in college. He may be, but it's not a given like so many people act like it is (just look at Russell). It's certainly not worth losing a job over.

10. Chip82

Chip82 Founding Member

Just ask him if he will be going to the NFL after two years at LSU, or if he will be going to Texas where he will end his playing days.

Personally, I think this kid is getting so full of himself that he may end up going to USC.