The Drive for Five

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by COramprat, Mar 31, 2008.

1. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

...is now the a drag race. Lady Tigers in the Final Four for the fifth straight year. Lets hope they keep it in overdrive with the pedal to the floor.

2. orlandotiger

orlandotiger GEAUX TIGERS!

Geaux girls!!!!! My bday wish was that they win tonight!! How many do I have?

3. Berge

Berge Founding Member

3?

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Great run yet again.

I really believe this year will be it. Monkey off the back.

National Champs.

It's time to believe.

5. Tigers Paw

Tigers Paw Founding Member

They are going to have to shoot the ball much better in the semi final game or it could be another loss in the semi finals. Fowles is the only one you can count on to consistently score, Chaney is the next best option and she is streaky.
    Let's hope the girls can end our basketball programs 0-8 record in national semi final games.

6. islstl

I think the offense has averaged less than 50 points per game in the national semi-finals these past 4 final fours.

Limit the turnovers (they were plentiful against North Carolina).

Hit the 3s. Chaney, LeBlanc, Hightower and even White. Someone has to get the hot hand and probably more than 1 needs to be able to sink at least a couple of 3s.

Fowles can't get into foul trouble. Teams will be trying to get her into situations where she might foul if she isn't careful. She usually is careful, however.

We know we can beat Tennessee. We know we can beat UConn. These are most likely our next 2 opponents.

Let's go Lady Tigers.

Regardless of what happens, this run of 5 straight final fours is astounding. Congratulations.

Now let's bring it on home.

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

unc averaged 87 points a game. we're fine as long as we play the usual defense.

8. islstl

I disagree. Our defense in at least 2 of the final fours was good enough to win the semi-final game. The offense just didn't score enough.

The magic number is 65. Get over that number and I think we beat both UT and UConn.

The team is currently averaging about 64.25 ppg against much lesser competition.

9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

the defense is eons better. no one has a more prolific offense than unc. all 5 were scorers.

sure it would be nice to blow uconn or ut out but we can still win if we put the screws to either on d.

10. islstl

In the four previous final fours, our defense was just as tenacious leading up to the national semifinals. Looked like we would hold anyone under 50. That didn't quite happen.

We're not beating UT or UConn in a 56-50 type game.