The Drive for Five

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by COramprat, Mar 31, 2008.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

you should pay closer attention. its not even close.

2. clair

clair Rockets

The offense in the Final Fours have been horrendous. I don't even know if they have scored 50 in any Final Four game. And if they did it was something to the tune of like 51 or 53.

They definitely need to score. You don't have to be a run and gun team. You just have to be able to score. They showed a lot of that last night. The game was at a snail's pace, but every time UNC made a run, they answered.

LSU can ill afford those 6-7 minute droughts without a FG that have haunted them in yesteryear.

The turnovers were plentiful, but UNC had a lot to do with that. They play a pressure style designed for that.

The 3s is sort of the same. It's almost fool's gold in a way, because Chaney hit the 1st one last night, then ended up forcing up 2-3 more. The key isn't that we make them often, but just that we make them when we need 'em. The percentage wasn't great last night, but LeBlanc hit the dagger from behind the arc. I never "wish" this team shoots good from deep, because they have players who fall in love with it and every shot taken by a gunner from deep is a shot not taken by Fowles.

We all assume Tennessee will beat A&M, but A&M started their quest in BR and looked real good. That will be a struggle.

For those women's bball fans, or just those who need something to watch on tv tonight, both other Elite 8 games will be good ones, so tune in. :)

1 person likes this.
  3. clair

clair Rockets

4. clair

clair Rockets

The lowest UNC scored prior to last night in a game was 71.

so that set a new season-low by 21 points for them.

Can someone say wow?

LSU can play a game in the 60s with anyone. The challenge is just more scoring the 60 than holding someone to 60.

They have only really been exposed once all year and that was by UConn, but UConn had a lot of reserves play out of this world in that game. Would they do that in the national title game? We'll see, I suppose.

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i think thats what isl is really alluding to since its stuck in the craw of anyone who has watched their other final 4's.

its painful to see them go that long without scoring with someone so dominant in the middle. no reason they cant draw a foul or at least get a layup with syl almost every possession. they play out of control on offense at times when other teams are running and get caught up in the pace.

as in baseball, LSU will need 'timely' shots as you mentioned if they are to beat either team.

A&M will compete. don imus would not be fond of this team. they are all tatted up and play a rough style of ball from what i saw. they are going to cause some fits for UT but they will have to find a way to get to the bucket.

parker is due for an off game anyhow after tying her career high.

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Passing the ball into Fowles over and over again is not quite the answer. When they get in that mode, they throw up sloppy passes, Syl loses the ball in traffic, etc....meaning crucial turnovers without taking a shot at the basket. We need that delicate balance where we are getting the 3s and getting it into Fowles often. Play as smart as we can offensively. It's not easy and LSU tends to struggle to do just that against good teams.

7. clair

clair Rockets

I agree.

But I have been to every home regular season game, 2 road regular season games and all 4 tourny games.

I can say that when the team has struggled on offense, it has been more frequent that the problem is settling for jumpers more than it is giving it to Syl too much.

8. islstl

Candace Parker's season might be over.

Looks like a dislocated left shoulder. Was nasty. Dwyane Wade like.

Tennessee's season is effectively over if Candace cannot come back.

Even if A&M can't beat them, LSU will hold UT to 33 points.

9. clair

clair Rockets

Cheer for UT to win this one. Cheer heavily.

That would create a bye in the bracket for LSU.

10. islstl

Parker checking back in after missing 2 minutes.

I think they put her a new bionic joint.

Let's see how she does in the coming days.