The ESPY's

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerKid05, Jul 16, 2006.

1. clair

clair Rockets

i am furious right now, b/c I saw Reggie Bush was "Male College Athlete of the Year".

So, I only thought of Vince Young as an opponent, so I went to see the other nominees.

I was furious to see that X-Man wasn't even a nominee. Now, I didn't expect him to win, but, no doubt he should be on the ballet over Matt Leinart, who came out 2nd place in his sport, and didn't even win the Heisman

2. LSUfreshman21

LSUfreshman21 Founding Member

Reggie Bush won because he is the medias favorite. Vince Young should have won the Espy and the heisman. When the game was on the line in the nc Lendale was in the game instead of Bush because he can't run between the tackles. Vince Young beat USC alone and was by far the college football player of the year.

3. clair

clair Rockets

Vince would have won the Heisman, but his stats were watered down, b/c in all but 3-4 of their games, he was out early in the 2nd half.

I don't mind Reggie winning. I just think someone who did something only Jesse Owens could do should be at least a nominee

4. TigerKid05

TigerKid05 Say Whaa!?!?

yeah, but i think these were picked before x-man's NCAA awesomeness...he'll be there next year

5. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

I agree with you completely, but its not like Reggie wasnt splitting time and his team every once in a while put other teams away somewhat early. :yelwink2::yelwink2:

6. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I think XC's exploits would actually have to be considered for next year's ESPY's since most the voting took place before he even competed in the NCAA's.

7. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

By the way, I really hope the opening of the ESPY's proves to many criers that ESPN really doesn't hate LSU. What a great opening that was for Tigah fans. My father thougfht we were still watching the LSU/UF replay on Cox.Sports.

8. JoeReckless

JoeReckless Founding Member

Does anyone have a link of the intro video? I missed it.

9. clair

clair Rockets

watch espn... i'm sure they'll replay the broadcast 100 times over the next few weeks

10. JoeReckless

JoeReckless Founding Member

I am sure of that.

I just wanted to watch it now. Plus, I would love to have it on my hard drive.