The Evil Rich People Should Pay!!!!

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rex_B, Apr 9, 2010.

1. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

I'm not naming any names but it seems there are those here that think people who make more money than them are evil and should pay up for others because they have enough money.

I mean WTF!

So my question is do you think people should pay more just because they have more?

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Fixed it.

3. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

Well I figured if I didn't name any names they couldn't whine about putting words in their mouth.. haha

4. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

I think the political reality is that no one will implement a proportional income tax, and even if it were done it would take complete reform at every level on every tax to make it any more equitable than what we have now.

Given the fact that most taxes we pay are regressive the income tax being progressive is not entirely bothersome to me.

5. Indiana Tiger

Indiana Tiger Founding Member

I believe someone making 2,000,000/yr should pay more than someone making 20,000/yr.

6. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Me too.

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Don't be obtuse. Show me one post where I said rich people were evil. You can't, you made that up.

Show me a post where I said that anyone who makes more money than me is rich. You can't. You made that up, too.

When I talk about the super rich, I'm talking about people who make $1million or more a year. The top 1%. They don't need government subsidies like tax breaks.

If you don't make $1million a year, why are you carrying their water for them. Envy?

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

He didn't mention your name. I did. And I get my views from reading between your lines. You definitely have "rich envy".

9. martin

martin Banned Forever

i dont like high taxes on anyone, i dont care who it is. if they pay high rates, i feel bad for them and wish they were lower.

10. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Red post on here recently that a flat tax may be the way to go?

1 person likes this.