the fact Nick felt compelled to hire Edwards is irritating.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tigerjeffrey, Jan 25, 2005.

1. olVENICEdog

olVENICEdog Founding Member

You are correct about that. I think he wanted out of here b/c w/out a solid mistake free QB he knew LSU would drop all the hard games and he would rather go coach in the NFL for a few years. IM not saying that it's the only reason but I think it has something to do w/it yes.

2. Abuapu

Abuapu Founding Member

So Russell's performance in the bowl game has no bearing on your opinion? That is pretty short-sighted.

3. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

So quickly we forget...Rohan wasn't exactly a world beater at first, and look how HE turned out! Jeez, give these kids some time to pan out. I was as disappointed as anybody about having the struggles w/ young QB's, but the upside is they have the years to develop, as SabanFan wisely pointed out.

4. tigerjeffrey

tigerjeffrey Founding Member

Let's see ... LSU could have really used a hire like Edwards for an important position like defensive coordinator ---- hiring Edwards for Miami was so crucial to Nick's master plan that he's not even their DC but apparently a position coach.

In answer to your question ... "no." But by the same token, why the hell was Skip asking Nick for advice on who to hire? Houston Nutt??!! Gee thanks for the great advice!

LSU is bigger than Nick Saban. Thanks for the memories, Coach, but spare me the "I'll always be a Tiger."

5. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Wasn't it the vaunted Arnsparger that recommended Archer, and then he hired Spurrier while AD at UF? Hmmm....why do we even ask the outgoing coach what they think!?!?!

And Tiger or not, I'll always be a Saban fan. In five years, got us the championship in the Dome. Doesn't get any better than that in any sport.

6. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

Dude....Russell and Flynn are red shirt freshman....did you really think one of them would lead us the promise land in there first year of actually gettting on the field.....it takes time to develop....one of these guys is gonna be our qb of the future....or it could be RP

7. BB

BB Founding Member

olVENICEdog has over 850 posts and some of you still feel compelled to respond to his posts.

8. olVENICEdog

olVENICEdog Founding Member

thats why you have RP name under your name know it all.

9. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

That's so idiotic, I won't waste anymore time arguing with you...

10. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Wow, Russell plays his first year and struggles at times and shines at other times and you have already written him off? Just sad. :dis:

How can you dismiss Flynn when he's played maybe 5 minutes combined?? The most he played was in the Capital One Bowl and he looked very sharp and poised.

Also, it's kinda far fetched to say Saban left on the account of JR being inconsistent.