the fact Nick felt compelled to hire Edwards is irritating.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tigerjeffrey, Jan 25, 2005.

1. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

I'm getting pretty sick and tired of all the "Nick screwed the Tigers with the Edwards hire."

1) Nick would never screw LSU for the sole purpose of screwing LSU. I know that isn't what you are saying, but it's something that has been brought up before.

2) With Nick being paid what he is, he has a higher bar to perform to. There is no way in HELL that he passes up on a talented coach so that his former college team can have him. He is getting paid too much money and is working for a company that is worth too much money to ever consider something like that...

Lets drop this argument because it is seriously dumb...

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I tried to give you rep points for that astute observation, but I have to spread it around.

3. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

If you think all coaches on the roster are not important and that Nick should have backed off becuase we were looking at Edwards than you are wrong on both counts. Saban has a duty to perform at his highest level for the Dolpins now, not LSU.

4. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

Saban was scared of coaching a team without a standout QB that he left a sure thing at LSU to jump to the "what have you done for me lately" NFL Miami Dolphins that certainly are loaded at that position. :dis: I'm sure he is sleeping much better at night knowing he has Feeley and Fiedler instead of Russell and Flynn.

5. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

:rofl:

Great post!!!!

6. Golden Tiger

Golden Tiger Founding Member

So you just think RP is going to step right into a starting position at QB as a
    freshman in college football...........Then I guess you are telling us he will play mistake free football in the SEC......... :dis:
    Do you watch College Football much? :confused:

7. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

This has to be one of the worst threads ever! :dis: :dis: :dis: :dis: Saban is going to hire the coaches he thinks will be best for the Dolphins period and thats what he should be doing. Saban left because we don't have a standout QB :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: someone needs to cut back on the meds. Saban is the coach of the Miami Dolphins and is doing what is best for the Fins, IT'S TIME TO MOVE ON!!!!!!!! Les Miles is our new coach and he is doing what is best for the Tigers, we will get a good DC and I'm happy Miles doesn't feel pressured to hire the first guy willing to take the job. JMHO

8. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

Correct.

9. kjntiger

kjntiger Founding Member

wow. some people sure are quick to hang out some laundry. i said it the other day that JR is YOUNG, he is going to get better as he matures. i would like to see your posts when he is a heisman winner in two years.

and another thing, quit blaming Nick for this, and Nick for that. he gave us something we hadn't had for 48 years. be thankful and wish him well. no wonder he left, some people havta ask for the world.

10. tigerjeffrey

tigerjeffrey Founding Member

Gee, thanks.

I don't know where the "Saban left b/c he didn't like LSU's QB's" sentiment came from ... not from me.

I understand that Saban works for the Miami org. now. I agree he brought a NC to Baton Rouge, and a certain amount of gratitude is appropriately given to him (just as he should thank LSU for getting him the megabucks contract w/ Huizenga.) But I get the feeling some of you think Saban is the only coach who can win a NC at LSU. I agree it is time to move on -- but that includes ending the Saban lovefest at some point.

My comments are probably motivated by some bitterness over the fact that as much as I've tried, I just can't excited about Miles. Of course I know he is our coach and I will support him and give him a chance, that is only fair and reasonable. The fact he can't seem to find a qualified DC willing to take the job, and hasn't gotten one recruiting commitment, doesn't help.