the fake punt

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerStagg, Jan 1, 2009.

1. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

I agree. I like the unpredictability of Miles. It makes him dangerous. Every team has to always be a little bit worried that he will call a trick play. Same with that onside kick. Genius call that helped break GTs spirit.

2. lawildbull

lawildbull Freshman

3. G-LSU

G-LSU Founding Member

Those posters couldn't even reason w/ logic...

:geauxtige:geauxtige
    :geauxtige:geauxtige

4. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

when one person calls another classless...doesn't that make them classless as well?

5. Thorny

Thorny Founding Member

I find it incredibly ironic that the person who started the thread about it on the GT board has as his avatar a picture of the scoreboard from the infamous 222-0 GT wipe-out of Cumberland. At least some of their posters noted that.

I disagreed with the call, mostly because the football gods may not be happy in the future. It seemed a little over the top to me. Then again, Miles doesn't seem to get bit like our previous coaches (any know why Mauck was still in the UF game so late in 2002?)

But no set of fans has any right to get too mad about it since running up the score is part of the college game. Unfortunate, but there it is.

GEAUX TIGERS

6. DwayneBowned

DwayneBowned Founding Member

It was a classless thing to do, we'll justify it because it's our team that did it but there was no reason for it. Whatever, we had a great bowl game and have a great future to look forward to. All teams in college football have run up the score at some time or another, everyone's guilty of it and anyone criticizing another team for doing it needs to take a look at themselves first.

7. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

We didn't run up the score.

We just kept possession.

Had this been Florida or OU, the score would have ended up 59-3, with 3 TDs scored in the final quarter of play.

Huge difference.

1 person likes this.
  8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

That's what I'm thinking. As a final gesture to his Malveto buds, Les wanted that "3" to be in the final score.

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

we didnt run the score up though, we only scored 3 points in the second half.

10. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

I don't think we know for sure. I thought at first the fake punt was an attempt to maintain possession. But after hearing some of the stuff that went on between the two coaches, I'm not sure that Miles wasn't interested in hanging 50 on Johnson.

Those long bombs into the end zone late in the game? Why not just keep getting first downs and run the clock down? I think Miles wanted to score some more.

I don't like it. I hate Meyer and Stoops for doing that crap. But if Johnson p!ssed Miles off and he was hitting back, then I'm looking the other way on this one.

Miles just doesn't strike me as the run it up on them kinda guy. So it's a bit confusing.