the false start clock?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by meauxjeaux2, Sep 16, 2006.

1. meauxjeaux2

meauxjeaux2 Founding Member

What the poop happened in the last 20 seconds with the false start penalty against us?Wasn't the time supposed to be put back onto the clock due to a false start being a dead ball penalty?That would have allowed two plays instead of one at the end of the game.

2. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

No.. it was an illegal formation. Which is why the play continued.

3. meauxjeaux2

meauxjeaux2 Founding Member

Could have sworn there was a false start penalty and a whistle blown during the play?Hell I guess I musta had 2 many bud lights!

4. jibboo

jibboo Founding Member

Its part of the new clock rules... the clock begins even though there is a penalty... it allows a team with the ball to eat up the clock by having an intentional penalty... it's B.S... which is why the rule needs to be changed...

Remember Tubby voted for the rule change to the clock... and tonight he exploited it...

5. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Let's hope the new clock rules get flushed ASAP. I'm all for shortening the overall time it takes to play the game, but they should do it by shortening halftime (NFL goes 12 minutes, why does college have to go 20+?) and taking fewer commercial breaks.

6. jibboo

jibboo Founding Member

Well, the quickest way to shorten the game is to take away the TV time outs. Ever been to a game on TV and sitting wondering "why the hell don't they start playing" and realize that the TV official is on the field for a "TV" time out?

Ever notice when going to a game how much shorter the ones that AREN'T on TV are?

Keep the game the same... tell CBS, ESPN, ABC to eat it.. they are making enough money off of "amateur" players anyway...

Dave.