The Fence is Down...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by locoguano, Jan 2, 2014.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Hootie Jones doesn't bother me, Tony Brown doesn't bother me, Willis won't if we get Valentine, and if we somehow land Carter and Jackson, this class will still be a bad ass class. We get Fournette, we get Adams, Paris, and Jacory Washington is going to be what Deangelo Peterson was supposed to be. I still love this class.

2. lsutygr69

lsutygr69 Founding Member

Hurts losing Brown, Willis and Hootie but I still feel good about the class.

3. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Like I say constantly predictions of gloom are made by fans who don't ready believe in our coach. They have been making these predictions since 2005 and will continue to do so each year no matter what happens on the football field.

I think it makes them feel better to vent, and at some point they will finally be able to say I told you so.

Every fan was disappointed in today's results somewhat no doubt but we are still on pace to have one hellavu class. All this just makes me even more excited for spring practice.

As for playing second fiddle in the west, every program in the country is pretty much doing that now, and Auburn & atm are gaining ground on everyone, not just us. We are in the most competitive division in college, enjoy it. There are going to be many twists and turns every year with teams rising & falling a little. The teams in the east as well. Enjoy it, enjoy the fact that we are competing with and against the best. Don't panic!

TigerTap likes this.
  4. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

It stings to get a black-eye in the recruiting game, but the chirade is bullshit and probably don't want these guys anyway. If recruiting rankings don't take into account character, then they really are missing a huge component.

What matters more is that Bama is winning the NC race, they attended another BCS bowl this year, and AU may surpass Les Miles's NC output in the Les Miles era. Recruiting is black magic, but when on field results are also falling behind, recruiting is just another near MS on a path of near MRS.

Hope we can finish strong in recruiting. Hope more we can climb to the top of the mountain; the longer out the limelight, the more recruits will head for the light elsewhere. Saban made LSU hot again in the minds of recruits who were leaving in droves before his time. Miles has mostly maintained that, but I'd say we're cooling off lately. We have a need to not finish second, but do we have the chest?

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  5. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Again, wait for the results on the field. If the program actually does falter the changes will be made.

But finishing second will happen more times than not I can assure you of that.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  6. sunnyjim

sunnyjim Founding Member

Bama only got one of its four targets yesterday. LSU got 40% of theirs.

100%TigerBred and ParadiseiNC like this.
  7. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

LSU is #6 on ESPN & Yahoo and #8 Scout. Looking back ten years, this is just about where we always land.

ND, Michigan, Tennessee and Texas are quite frequently in the Top 10 - so it's no guarantee of glory, either.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  8. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

Not to mention that's with a lot fewer commits than the teams ahead of us. There's still some ground we can make up if we finish well.

9. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

Lol... I was hoping Tate would knock that chip off her shoulder. To no avail.

10. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

i do as well, but Brown was a big loss and so was Willis. yes we are having problems recruiting anyone who says different is blind.

shane0911 and ParadiseiNC like this.