The Fence is Down...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by locoguano, Jan 2, 2014.

1. boonies

boonies Veteran Member

The worst part of this is LSU had no backup plans for these guys. Now they are in scramble mode just to fill the class out. One month from NSD, and there are 7 open spots.

2. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

I wouldnt say that but they will take less talented guys, its always a back up plan, only situation without one is Cam Robinson. But I am less concerned now after seeing Brumfield, dude is a monster and Cam sucked ass yesterday.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  3. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

We have backups and have had them.

ParadiseiNC and Cajun Sensation like this.
  4. boonies

boonies Veteran Member

Serious question, and I'm not trying to sound like a negative Nancy. Who are these backup plans and do we have a decent shot with any of them? Aside from RB, DL is the most pressing need in this class and after putting our eggs in the Willis basket and possible Clark staying closer to home due to his mother's illness (not complaining at all about Clark, that is way more important that football) there will be one commit a month to NSD. Let's say we flip the Ole Miss DL and Valentine that still would be a 3 man DL class. Who else has the staff been slow-playing?

5. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

did you see our DL class last year, how many do you want on the roster?

LSUDad likes this.
  6. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

If you're reeling from the guys we "missed out" on yesterday, go watch some Leonard Fournette highlights, and I guarantee you that you'll feel 1,000% better. Guy is a phenom, plain and simple.

MikeInLa, Robidoux87 and LSUpride123 like this.
  7. boonies

boonies Veteran Member

I'm not trying to ruffle feathers or start any arguments. I'm looking for reason to be optimistic. I'm basically concerned on how they are going to be able to fill out the class at this point. Other than Dupre and the Ole Miss DL, who does LSU have a strong chance of landing? Again, I'm not asking these questions because I'm bitching, I'm asking for a reason to be optimistic.

I know how amazing LF is, but single recruits don't win titles. Missing on a guy happens in recruiting, I know that. I'm just concerned that missing that many, that close to NSD is going to hurt alot more than people are willing to admit unless this staff finishes out of this world. And I am asking for any reason to think that is going to happen.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
  8. 100%TigerBred

100%TigerBred Founding Member

you say that like its a bad thing. so many times those fighters pretend to have bad blood to sell the fight. those to women actually hate each other, would you shake the hand of your enemy after you just whooped they ass. Come on, man. But, back to the thread topic. Louisiana never really had a fence we have always lost big name players to OOS schools. It will happen and if anybody thinks other wise they are wrong. For instance Ohio State, lost players from Ohio to UK this year is there sky falling? People need to realize we recruit for need, while players choose schools for there own needs.

9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

The guy looks like he will be VERY good.

10. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

No, but he is good enough to be the difference between winning one and not winning one. He's that good.