The Final Death throws of Toonces

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by PodKATT, Mar 27, 2010.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

B or E and I need it to happen soon. My LSU tag was gotten in 1994 and looks every bit of its 16 years, faded and with paint flaking off. I just can't stand to replace it with that hideous tiger-striped replacement for the original tags that had some gravitas.

I've been expecting that they might offer one with the new LSU system logo.

2. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

B and E in that order.

3. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

which is why toonces may never die.

i have this fear that those that like toonces will all vote for b. and the anti-toonces will spread their votes around between d,e,f. then we are gonna get stuck with toonces.

4. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

Is Toonces really THAT beloved among the LSU faithful?

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The eye of the tiger look great on the field, 30 feet wide. But 2" wide on a license plate and it looks like a blob from over 6 feet away.

6. PodKATT

PodKATT Time to Put Your Pants On

I believe you are missing the point of the argument. I'm not really a fan of the Eye, but it's not Toonces and is therefore 1000x better. This isn't about getting the eye on the plates, it's about getting toonces off of them.

7. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

That's exactly why I don't like the tiger in JayB's avatar that everyone else likes. It looks like a big polka dot because the outline is too round and the facial expression on the cat reminds me of fear.

I mean, from a distance, what is this??? :tigerhead

8. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Both are equally bad. I voted for C. All of these new plates look pretty bad though. The tiger stripes on the current ones are pretty sharp looking. These appear to lack those.

9. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

I really like "F". That solid purple block of color really sets the "LSU" off and makes it stand out. The stripe is nice, but not as effective visually.

1 person likes this.
  10. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

that's funny b/c i don't like the stripes. in fact when i bought my vehicle almost 2 yrs ago i asked if i could keep my old LSU tag with the :tigerhead and i did.

the stripes with the purple background just seems like a little much. it reminds me of the 60 yr old women on gameday that wear the full body "tiger suits".

i had the same fear okie did about spreading the vote around on the anti toonces front. i think that's dead on and toonces will be like jason frickin voorhees around these parts.