The Florida boards are livid...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TundraTiger, Oct 13, 2002.

1. TundraTiger

TundraTiger Founding Member

I logged on this morning in utter curiousity about what Florida fans across the NET are saying. After 12 years on top of the east the most arrogant group of fans in the world (generally) are angry. They are blaming Rex, for his obvious poor play. They are Blaming Zook and the OC, for bad preparation with the OLine, blocking backs and Rex. They are blaming recievers for dropping balls and running routes poorly. Not accustomed to losses, much less the pounding we gave them, these guys are missing the point:

LSU was the better team. No matter how much soul searching those guys do, looking for the evasive answer to the most horrible loss at home in 13 years they won't find it looking inward. On their boards you won't find one post that says:

"Wow, LSU played really great last night. They shocked us at home with diverse offense and the stingiest defense to come into here since the Alabama team of the eighties. Congrats LSU"

I was especially humored by the fireronzook.com website.

I hope them Gators get used to the losses, because their schedule is horrible yet.

2. roygu

roygu Founding Member

LSU is average

That is the same response that came from Vol fans last year after the SECC. I remeber a Vol fan, on talk radio, predicting that Illinois would embarass the SEC by burying LSU. Simply the fact that a person is a fanatic has no correlation to a knowledge of football and the strength of a team.

3. gamecocksfan

gamecocksfan Freshman

Us Gamecock fans have a theory. It's that clash with EVERYTHING uringe (orange) team color. Think about it UT, UF, AllBarn, Clemsux have one thing in common....uringe! It corrupts the part of the brain that controls manners and class some how. I tried to get some of our SEC brethren at Vandy to study the problem but they claimed it was genetic and there is nothing they could do. I'm sticking to my theory of uringe-inflicted brain damage!

4. LSUfan

LSUfan Founding Member

I noticed the same thing on the Gator boards. They still think Florida "lost" and LSU didn't beat them.

5. IslandGator

IslandGator Freshman

I disagree

I think most gator fans would agree that ya'll wooped our a**es. In fact, the general consensus on SwampGas was "props to the tigers, what the h*ll can we do to get back to their level!" The fact of the matter is, our defense played well enough to let us stay competitive in that game. Even against the toughest D in the US we should have been able to score a few more touchdowns with the talent we have on offense. You can't blame people for being pissed that our receivers dropped balls and ran routes poorly. Not to mention being pissed at the crappy play calling. We kept joking with a Tiger fan next to us about what kind of crap play would get called next. I am embarrassed at the 2 times we were on the money with them. Throwing it down the field on 3rd and 1 and running a sweep in our own endzone. Geesum! We didn't even give ourselves the chance to compete with you guys. From the way you guys played, I still think we would have lost but I think we should have played a tougher game. I think that's the sentiment that you guys are seeing, "Damn LSU was great! If only we had our sh*t together it would have been a good game."

Anyways, Go Gators!