The "Fowles OWNED Parker" thread.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SonnyLoco, Apr 6, 2008.

1. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Well, I was talking about women's college basketball in general. They all miss layups a lot. Heck, Tennessee missed a layup on that final sequence.

2. Tom Callender

Tom Callender Founding Member

I was a bad loser yesterday.... as always.. I really appreciate the Lady Tigers & they carried Ladies sports to a new level at LSU. Thanks Ladys, Its been great, I am sorry for your sake as much as anything that you could not have won a NC. I know you tried your hardest.. Thanks again...

1 person likes this.
  3. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

i agree they didn't own one or the other.

at this point the only thing that matters is scoreboard.

this time, the bad guys won.

4. LSUtiger327

that math just made my brain explode.

the men have 3 and the women 5 so 0-8 is right.

5. kedo15

kedo15 Founding Member

it's 0-11 in final fours ...in about 54 we lost the semifinal and the consolation games,in 81 same thing ...that is 0-4 86 men lost 0-5,men lost 2 years ago that is 0-6 for the men and the women have lost the last 5 semifinals ...0-11 total.We couldn't even win those third place games when they had them..We are like ohio st playing sec teams in bowl games or the buffalo bills or minnesota vikings.

The bad thing is streaks are hard to break.As a gambling friend of mine once told me "always bet with the streak ,not against it."

So i suppose IF we make it back to a final four again in Men's or women's basketball ,it is more likely we go to 0-12 than 1 -11.

6. LSUtiger327

i think they were counting the modern era 64 (errrr 65) team format of final fours.
    heck the men won a championship in 1935 (may be a little off on the year) so if we include '54 you have to include '35 and take out the goose egg.

7. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Oh my!

[​IMG]

8. Tom Callender

Tom Callender Founding Member

So the Streak Gods kept us from winning last night... I knew it.. Parker was hurt, Tennessee played terrible & we still could not beat them.. I knew something was wrong.. It wasn't our girls fault.. it was the Streak Gods!!!! Somehow I still don't feel any better...

9. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

once again big syl and the lady tigers prove that they can't hang when it counts. as great as they have been, big syl just doesn't have the ability to make the girls around her step up their game when it counts most. parker, injured, did a good job of raising the playing level of the vol ladies. failure to have any type of transition game or outside shooting once again shot us down. too bad it was a nice run, wish big syl and the other seniors should have gotten a shot at the title. hopefully she will do better in the wnba.

1 person likes this.
  10. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

I don't think that's a fair statement. Parker and Fowles play different positions. Fowles played lights out though missed many shots. She still scored well into the 20's. She plays underneath and relies on assists where Parker plays high post and does a lot of driving to the basket. This team never did have someone that could light it up from outside (other than Chaney on occasion). And with the basket having a lid on it last night, our lack of offense became very clear. All of the girls played their hearts out last night. We just didn't have the offensive mold to score this year and we lost most of our games against the top teams that did.

1 person likes this.