The "Fowles OWNED Parker" thread.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SonnyLoco, Apr 6, 2008.

1. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

how is that not a fair statement, big syl is the leader of the team. she is a great player, but when it counted most, she couldn't get the rest of the team to step up their game. she played lights out, but couldn't do it by herself. parker, who had a so so game, got much better play out of her team members, she got them to do what was needed to win. the winning shot coming from someone who hadn't made a shot all nite.

2. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

:huh:

3. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

No offense intended but that is a ridiculous statement. Sylvia owns the boards allowing her teammates to launch brick after brick and not suffer the consequences. Sylvia is triple teamed leaving her teammates totally uncovered on the outside. Her teammates can play extra aggressive defense knowing that if their player gets past them Sylvia will alter their shot or simply slap it away. It's up to the other players to take advantage of the gifts that Sylvia gives them with her play. She can't pass the ball to herself for a wide open outside jumper. Time after time the defense collapsed on Sylvia and her teammates were not able to hit uncontested shots, not her fault. The entire team shot poorly including Sylvia but she is only responsible for her poor shooting not everyone else's. Wait until she hits the WNBA, they will have some girls/himshe's that will take advantage of what Sylvia brings to the team. LSU simply doesn't have the type of players needed to compliment her abilities.

4. LEGACY TIGER

ridiculous how, that is what leaders do, they improve the play of their perspective teammates. it is worthless to create the opportunities, it the leader can't elevate their abilities to take advantage of them. look i am not taking anything away from big syl, she is a great player and is going to do well in the wnba, but last nite when it counted, it didn't happen for her. her fault by herself, no, it is a team sport. but the team didn't perform the way it should have, no outside presence and no follow thru killed us.

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

ive been talking about this for years. you used to hear how fundamentally sound womens hoops is compared to mens. thats so far from the truth. the stat i use all the time is women miss about 8 of 10 layups almost everygame. any casual watcher of womens hoops who saw that will never watch another game again.

last nights game set basketball back 50 years.

james naismith is now playing ping pong in heaven against some chinese dude.

not even gonna discuss the 90% of 3 foot runners that are missed. id just as soon they shoot a 3.

1 person likes this.
  6. tirk

so what have you led again?

7. LEGACY TIGER

read my lips; more than you could ever accomplish my friend, and you what have you done for the world to question my opinion.

1 person likes this.
  8. tirk

you're the legacy explaining what leaders do, not me.

so enlighten us, self-righteous one. we peons are here simply to learn.

9. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

first off welcome to the board. a contributor from montana no less!!! nice.

but you can't blame one person for this loss. and you really can't blame her for her teammates performance.

how do you know that ashley thomas hustling her butt off wasn't due to syl?

1 person likes this.
  10. tirk

oh yeah welcome to the board.